What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

believe me

In-a-rage

Juniors
I'm not going to reveil my sources and really i don't can care if u think that i'm making rumors up but i can't hold this one in any longer. When Jamie Lyon left parra there was an article in the paper about other eels wanting out.

One of them is a former shark and its not Ronald Prince. He wants out and contacted the sharks himself asking if they want his services.

Would have been worth it if in their best form.

Those days are long gone.

Cant see it eventuating to be honest but stranger things have happened!

Craigshark

First Grade
Hmm he wouldnt be that bad even though he is a traitor.. He is known to have some shockers but in 2001 he was one of our best players if he could get that form back and not ask for to much money, id have him back.. Nice 5/8 solution, although i would much rather Rogers.

Craigshark

First Grade
Hmm he wouldnt be that bad even though he is a traitor.. He is known to have some shockers but in 2001 he was one of our best players if he could get that form back and not ask for to much money, id have him back.. Nice 5/8 solution, although i would much rather Rogers.

Macca

Coach
When he left he cited Chris Anderson's flat style of play as the reason. Now Opes' is gone it does make sense that he would want to come back. I know I am biting but I bite at everything so no one should be surprised.

He had bloody good year before he left but has struggled over at Parra. Going OK this year. I'd have him back. Bird can play lock, get Rogers back and put him in the centres with Vagana and we have a good looking side. He'd take a heap of pressure off Noddy too, especially kicking. We might get him back cheap. Atleast the side would start to get a local feel back to it.

(Yeah I know, Reefy.)

If we did get him and rogers and Peachy left a possible 2005 backline could be:

Simmons
Merritt
Vangana
Rogers
Riek
Dykes
Kimmorley

Its a quality backline if all are in form. Its highly unlikely to happen though.

TRIALS

Juniors
McSharkie said:
Bird can play lock, get Rogers back and put him in the centres with Vagana and we have a good looking side. He'd take a heap of pressure off Noddy too, especially kicking. We might get him back cheap. Atleast the side would start to get a local feel back to it.

It would have more of a local feel to it if we just f*cked bird off alltogether and kept hilder at lock.

Macca

Coach
It would indeed 1200 Sharkettes. I reckon they'll keep Bird and Hilder in the side.

markstan

Juniors
Do not want Dykes back way to inconsistent fine we are playing sh** but if we want to build for the fututre we cant have such inconsistent players as Dykes. 2001 he wasn't exceptional maybe wrong but i thought he chased the money not cos of Ando being appointed.

Special K

Coach
:| ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please be making that up

Didn't he have a huge blow up with the club?

btw - I'd stick him at hooker if we didn't land one but he isn't coming back I don't think. Also he left to win a comp with Parra :lol:

flip

Juniors
NthCronullaLocal said:
If we did get him and rogers and Peachy left a possible 2005 backline could be:

Simmons
Merritt
Vangana
Rogers
Riek
Dykes
Kimmorley

Its a quality backline if all are in form. Its highly unlikely to happen though.

Already planning for another year of nothing?? :roll:

Nages

Juniors
Am I the only person who thinks we have a great backline now?

I mean, if you'd told me last year that we'd be able to field Peachy, Merrit, Franze, Vagana, Reick, Bird and Kimmorely in our side - I'd have done cartwheels...

Now we've got 'em and they just can't play together.

I'd love to have Rogers back as much as the next person, but I really don't think our problem is lack of talent. It's a lack of working together as a team in a whole range of ways (defence, discipline, passion, etc).

This is a coaching issue in my humble opinion, and Stuey really needs to sort his sh!t out asap.