What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belle Vue for sale

Evil Homer

Staff member
600k price tag apparently. I hope Wakefield can muster the funds to buy it, would be a great way to secure their future. Then as Leeds have done, for example, bit by bit, over time they can improve and develop it into a much better stadium.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/10161503/wakefield-ponder-belle-vue-bid
They don't have the resources to do that. Wakefield need the local council to build them a new stadium or they aren't going anywhere.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Reading between the lines they seem to have a verbal arrangement with the developer to build a stadiumd alongside the other developments. Hopefully it works out for the best, sick of seeing clubs becoming homeless at the whim of developers and councils or also through their own bad management.

What a dump. It's the worst rugby league ground I have ever been to and that includes Scylla Bay which is flooded in raw sewerage for good parts of the year.

It's great!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Was there ever serious consideration to a new build shared between Cas and Wakefield? could have had a decent ground like say Warrington between them.

That was the plan at one stage I think but, of course, most fans of both clubs didn't like it.

One day they might actually both get one of their own, but Cas seems far more likely at the moment. Bit of a shame really because Wheldon Rd seems like a really good little old ground for the traditionalists, bit like Leichhardt.

Latest posts