What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba is finished with the NRL and will join a Super League club

Ben Barba was interviewed by Sky Sports TV at the Magic Weekend in Newcastle, England, UK. He made it clear that he was considering offers from Super League clubs, and will make a decision within the next week. He said that the atmosphere at the Magic Weekend was awesome, and he hoped to play in one such event in the future.

The two clubs with the best chance of signing him are St. Helens and Warrington.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
When he was banned didn't the ESL say they would recognise the ban?

I suppose ESL has enough throwaway games that it's not really that big a deal.

Barkley

Bench
Don't the NRL and ESL have an unwritten agreement to uphold each other's suspensions?

Lambretta

First Grade
That's his way of saying no one over here wants him.

No, its his way of saying "cocaine is cheaper in England and as no one in the UK gives a f**k about Rugby League, I can behave like a grade 1 douche bag as much as I want and no one will bat an eyelid. Oh and I'll be able to put in 30% effort and still look like a God"

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure he's close to being signed if the club can convice the RFL to ignore the NRL ban.

Which is looking likely. They don't get many quality NRL players at the peak of their career.

betcats

Referee
He has a lot of footy left in his career, once he f**ks up bad enough in England where will he run too? Didn't finish dogs contract, didn't finish broncos contract, didn't finish sharks contract, didn't finish rugby contract, the guy is running out of options. He should've just waited for his Cronulla contract to get sorted, I understand the NRL were dragging their feet but the way barba handled that was poor.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
He has a lot of footy left in his career, once he f**ks up bad enough in England where will he run too? Didn't finish dogs contract, didn't finish broncos contract, didn't finish sharks contract, didn't finish rugby contract, the guy is running out of options. He should've just waited for his Cronulla contract to get sorted, I understand the NRL were dragging their feet but the way barba handled that was poor.

Barba returned a positive drug test for a second time. The Nrl gave him a automatic 12 week ban. Cronulla sacked him, then tried to rehire him under new contract and he said jam it and went to rugby. The only dragging feet was nrl doing due diligence in making sure he was doing/going to rehab as well as his 12weeks. But he gave a big f&$k you to the nrl. Hopefully the super league does the same to barba and he learns his lesson.

Generalzod

Immortal
Barba returned a positive drug test for a second time. The Nrl gave him a automatic 12 week ban. Cronulla sacked him, then tried to rehire him under new contract and he said jam it and went to rugby. The only dragging feet was nrl doing due diligence in making sure he was doing/going to rehab as well as his 12weeks. But he gave a big f&$k you to the nrl. Hopefully the super league does the same to barba and he learns his lesson.
Well you can play for the Storm and only be given a 2 match ban for using the same substance...

myrrh ken

First Grade

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Well you can play for the Storm and only be given a 2 match ban for using the same substance...

Well your right. My stance is he should of got the same as proctor for his first punishment. But at the same time what did barba get for his first positive test? Nothing, zilch, zero. So in other words as well as missing the World Cup at the end of the year and being fined approx $100 k does that seem a fair punishment for first offence?

Latest posts