Ben Hannant

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos' started by ponies 4ever, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ponies 4ever

ponies 4ever Juniors

If there is any remote chance of snaring the "POLAR BEAR" back we should move heaven and earth to do it. Forget nostalgic sentiments of Bulla, Ben should never have been let walk out the door. Top shelf prop and if we did not show him the respect he deserved as far as contract negotiations and he ends up at the Titans Cullen, Nolan and co. are dead set kiddin. The hit Hannant put on Moi Moi was grandstand shattering. I pray we haven't burnt our bridges. Class act off the field as well !

2. owend21

owend21 Juniors

great prop dumb decision by broncos....

3. Broncos fan!

Broncos fan! Juniors

He is off contract at the end of next year I am pretty sure. I read an artcile and he said that he will wait to see offers from the Broncos/Titans before he re-signs with the Doggies.

Based on his current form I would love him back but it will all depend on the performance of Kenny, Clinton, Sims, McGuire, Hala, Natusch etc because there is a chance that we could unearth a freak talent and not end up needing Hannant. I would love to see him back though. :D

4. Broncodr01d

Broncodr01d Juniors

One of the stupidest personnel decisions we have ever made. Hannant is in the Webcke mould and will be the cornerstone of Canterbury and QLD's pack for the next 5-7 years. We f$#%ed up this one.

5. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

A rare admission of defeat from broncodroid :crazy:

Oh, and NO you can't have him back :p

6. broncoman

broncoman Juniors

I don't remember the exact circumstances of him leaving us but I'm pretty sure it was money related? The guy will be the best prop in the game for the next 5 years so obviously its disappointing to see him playing for another team. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him in Broncos colours anyway.

7. beads6

beads6 First Grade

I don't want the clown back.. He can stay at the dogs and bring his kids up in SYdney town. The week before he signed with the dogs he was bull crapping all his fans with oh I won't be leaving I want to stay in QLD. He is an a grade Wank stay in the white and blue you germ.

8. Dazzat

Dazzat First Grade

Hannant may be in the Webke mould, but he's a miniature in comparison. Please. Comparisons with Webke at this stage are a very optimistic. In fact, very optimistic.

9. Broncodr01d

Broncodr01d Juniors

Hannant is in the Webcke mould ...

The above is what was posted. He is from the same stock. Similar player. If you can't see that than you have NFI.

10. Bulldog Force

Bulldog Force Referee

That's what you guys did to get Folau :crazy:
    If I was you guys, I'd be looking for a five-eighth to replace Lockyer ;-)

11. broncoman

broncoman Juniors

If the Tim Smith thing works out then we will be right with Wallace/Hunt/Smith. Although it's obviously a massive risk having any expectations of Smith becoming a regular first grader again.

12. Rogue.9

Rogue.9 Juniors

Has he walked out on Union & AFL already?

13. DeeJ

DeeJ Bench

He is referring to Ben Hunt, who is a star in the under 20's.

14. badav

badav Bench

Im not sure if you know what kind of money the dogs threw at him.

What can you do? Hannant came back to QLD as a reserve grader and left the Broncos as a quality prop. Quality props aren't a dime a dozen and the bulldogs offered him a large deal. Im quite sure he would be one of their best paid players.

If the club matched every offer that was made then there would be a roster of 8 players running out onto the paddock.

15. Daza_06

Daza_06 Juniors

there is a rumor that Joel Clinton may be going to Hull KR in the super league.
    so maybe if he goes you will make a play for him cause the prop situation at the club isn't looking great. Hopefully he doesnt leave before this season coming though, then you are looking very thin in the front row