What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt requests release from the Drags

Bazal

Post Whore
Look it's never gonna happen cos he's defs going back home to the year 1988 north of the border and he no doubt wants to play seven...but for a second I just imagined a man under the age of 86 with hair starting at hooker for Parra again and got tingly.

Sigh

MugaB

Coach
Chad for Hunt, Then the cowboys trade Hunt for the Hammer.

Chad at the Dragons
Hunt at the Dolphins
The Hammer back to Cowboys, with Drinkwater 6 and Deardon 7.

Flanno loves The Chad, Hunt loves Brisbane, The Hammer goes home.

There you go problem solved.
You forgot about the rosters... what does Uncle Nick get out of all this?

Iamback

Coach
There isn't much point keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. Luke Brooks is a great example of that.

However in this case I'd try to work with him because he is too valuable to lose. Definitely if nothing changes over the next fortnight he should be released but not without trying.

A couple of players as compo gets something for him

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
If I'm flanno I just let him go. These things never end well when a player is denied a release.

If anything it makes the clean out easier and gives him more time to turn things around IMO.

Surely you guys have room in your cap for him?

849628328142700544.gif

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I thought Hunt had a clause in his contract so he could leave if thingamajig got the flick.
So the Dogs signed Kyle Flanagan for 700k and we are expected to view Phil Gould as a football genius. WTF?

Its sad really that some people still think he is.

Latest posts