What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Crush

Coach
I agree that Mann & Nona could be our best halve pairing available but If Widdop fails to regain form and hutch struggles in the top grade then it will take courage to make these changes and with with a coach in self-preservation mode I doubt that he will go there.

Crush

Coach
It seems to me like mary is far beyond self preservation. The only way he can keep his job is to make some aggressive changes and take risks. If he plays it safe and we finish 8th I think he is still gone. He needs to get the dragons playing attractive footy and winning a heap of games.
BTW, if josh mccrone gets anywhere near the 1st grade squad we are doomed !

Dragsters

First Grade

Hey crush, not that I dont necessarily agree with the statement but I'm not sure the quote you posted above with my name attached is mine!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Hey crush, not that I dont necessarily agree with the statement but I'm not sure the quote you posted above with my name attached is mine!
Sorry Dragsters! I am not very technically minded, not sure what or how I did that!

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Damn that's big money. He is good but I'm thinking 700g good. Thurston is a million dollar man but not old ben hunt. In saying that, once cooper cronk hangs up the number 7 for qld, hunt would be the first one to wear it. Pretty desperate by management again.

inside_pass

Bench
Wow, shows where we are as a club when we have to pay such a massive amount for an average half that is being pushed out at the Broncos anyway.
Wayne will be pleased.......lol

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Guys I value all your opinions but me thinks that Matt Head could be a great mentor.
I reckon we should grab him, who cares what he costs as he is still relatively young and probably happy to get away from control freak Wayne.
Haa Benji could be the next Bronco half:yum:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Waste of a million bucks unless they get him for this season. Next year Hutch will be back, Nona/Mann/Field should all get a crack this year, and one of them will hopefully prove more than adequate.

Hunt will be like Widdop, good in a well coached team, but mistake prone in an average side.

giboz71

First Grade
Waste of a million bucks unless they get him for this season. Next year Hutch will be back, Nona/Mann/Field should all get a crack this year, and one of them will hopefully prove more than adequate.

Hunt will be like Widdop, good in a well coached team, but mistake prone in an average side.

We could possibly be a well coached side next year once Mary leaves.

Bench
if we could get him this year I would take him, it would make a big difference to our team and might be the spark to turn us around.

He is tried and has performed in first grade, our options for an in house half can't beat his exposure to first grade

dribble73

Juniors
With the limited information we have, just a few points -
1. Million dollar contracts will be more common in 2018 onwards with the increase in the cap.
2. Some of the well-run clubs sometimes release these rumours to drive up the price of a top player within another club allowing them to sneak under and get the next best in the same club at a decent price.
3. Sometimes it can work the other way and force a player (and / or their manager!) within a club to re-sign quickly given the threat of being in the market.
Time will tell.