What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross is worth $400,000 a season?

FU*K NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop the thief before he jumps in his car with another bag full of Sharks money!!!!

wittyfan

Referee
I once read that Ben wanted to be a photographer one day.

It's time for him to move in that direction.

samshark

Juniors
Its not his fault our dumb arse club paid him that much.
What's he supposed to do, knock it back?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ben Ross played like a 400k front rower tonight.
Good solid game.
It is a shame we have dudded by his very serious injury.

He will be fantastic next year.

Ads

First Grade
Who do we get to replace him? give him time he will lead our pack

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
... next year

Why is it that every serious post about our football team includes those prophetic words??

It is no different now from when I was a teenager in the 70s, an ideallist in the 80s, a parent in the 90s and presumably from when I am a pensioner in the 10s.....

stupidhumour

Juniors
If you pay someone $400,000 a season, it is not to 'give them time'.

Ricky said at the start of the season he told Ross "You are being paid like an international, therefore I expect you to play like one"

He has not - even when fit.

Him + Kimmorely = $650,000 per year we could spend on better players.

Inferno

Coach
I have been critical of Ross all season and there is no way he is a 400k player.

That said he took it up hard every time and soldiered on despite being hit high or grappled almost every tackle

Finished up with the stats:

34 tackles
2 missed tackles
14 hitups
153m
2 offloads.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He already is leading our pack.
it wasnt pretty, but Buster was always on his clacker tonight & got some balls dropped back to him which created some 2nd phase. Something we severely lack. It will get better. & he played a lot of minutes tonight & stood the test well.
great game from the big man.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Ross has lost a few KG's it looks like. He looks alot faster now with quicker play the balls. A good injury free offseason and he could be back in SOO colours next year.

But atm we've wasted 2 years 800k on him for nothing. He better give pay us back in the next 2 years.

Since 73

First Grade
Having a big night DS.
Bagged Dykes.
Bagged Sticky.
Bagged Ross.
Whose next?
Those blokes put in big time tonight and were beaten by one by the the outright leaders and favourites.

If the Sharks are giving you that much grief get yourself a Parramatta jumper.
They don't mind booing their team.

samshark

Juniors
Stonecutter said:
But atm we've wasted 2 years 800k on him for nothing. He better give pay us back in the next 2 years.

Thats a bit over the top. He had a serious knee injury which takes a long time to come back from. And that injury was just bad luck. Couldve happened to anyone. He was good tonight and has been all year and I really think he busts his arse on the field to try and earn his $400k.

squiddy

Juniors
Inferno said:
I have been critical of Ross all season and there is no way he is a 400k player.

That said he took it up hard every time and soldiered on despite being hit high or grappled almost every tackle

Finished up with the stats:

34 tackles
2 missed tackles
14 hitups
153m
2 offloads.

Yeah he had a better game this week but he aint worth 400K . he still made a couple of mistakes , dropped a crucial ball when we were going wide with an overlap and that dumb penalty for the face massage , pure stupidity . If he cuts that out of the game he'll be fine next year

Chondricthyes

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Ben Ross played like a 400k front rower tonight.
Good solid game.
It is a shame we have dudded by his very serious injury.

He will be fantastic next year.

given a good run -yes definitely.

Latest posts