What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben ross

sharknows

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Nice hype. Good team building stuff. He won't play though.

I really think it would be irresponsible to play him this week after being knocked out for 4 mins. The club must have a duty of care to the players.

carcharias

Immortal
sharknows said:
I really think it would be irresponsible to play him this week after being knocked out for 4 mins. The club must have a duty of care to the players.
hymie got knocked out about 3 weeks in a row for a while there... and just kept playing.

got me stuffed how though.
I have been knocked out and it took weeks before I felt better.

chewsta

First Grade
I agree with you Carch, I had a serious head injury (some monster Islander that couldnt handle his pizz decided to kinghit me in a taxi line for no reason at all the prik) I was out cold for a few minutes but the fall after being KO'd did a fair bit of damage too, I wasnt right for atleast a month.
I'm okay now though I'm okay now though I'm okay now though I'm okay now though I'm okay now though......

Love the passion shown by Rossy by the way. its exactly what we need from our players, but he should seriously consider his health and sit this one out without risking another knock to the head so soon.

Inferno

Coach
looks more and more likely he will play.

CRONULLA coach Ricky Stuart praised Ben Ross's amazing courage while Sharks doctor David Givney said: "I haven't seen a recovery as quick as this one before."

In one of rugby league's most courageous comebacks, Ross declared himself fit and ready to play premiers Melbourne at Olympic Park this weekend.

Ross was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital by ambulance after a horror head-clash with Manly prop Josh Perry last weekend.

But Ross has passed all his neurological and medical tests with "flying colours", according to Givney.

The former Queensland prop was having a special mouthguard fitted to tackle the Storm's premiership forward pack.

So keen is Ross to play, he actually visited Givney's Sutherland Shire home at 8pm on Tuesday - rather than wait for a surgery visit the following day - to take his tests.

Ross has had two of his teeth put back in, one is still missing.

"It's quite incredible that Ben has passed his balance, short-term memory and co-ordination tests," Stuart said. "He has passed all the tests required of him for a player that has been knocked out.

"The doctor actually said his test results were better than when he first took the test pre-season.

"Ben has been surprisingly fresh over the past few days.

"I will leave it in the doctor's hands and we will make a final decision on Saturday. We want to ensure there is no risk to Ben if he plays."

Stuart admired Ross's toughness: "Ben is a tough kid," he said.

"He is a lot tougher than what some people give him credit for. He plays the toughest position in the toughest sport in the world.

"He has a lot going for him."

Givney has not yet officially passed Ross fit but said the giant front-rower was making incredible medical progress.

"Originally it was going to be two weeks," Givney said.

"But Ben has passed all his neurological and medical tests with flying colours.

"We will still wait until the end of the week to make a final decision but Ben has come good so quickly.

"It looked a nasty injury but, despite him being knocked out, we were more concerned about his neck.

"I haven't seen a recovery as quick as this one before.

"But I know Ricky is worried about Ben's health rather than when he will play his next game of football."

Ross said he was ready to play again.

"I'm right to play, I'm ready to go," Ross told The Daily Telegraph. "The doctor has cleared me. Ricky has given me until Saturday to play but I've already told him that I will be playing.

"I feel good. I have passed all the tests for co-ordination, balance and memory."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23405322-23214,00.html

SadShark

Bench
Wow - I wish I could recover that well from even a toe stub. He's keen I'll give him that.

It seems like a new tenacity is amongst the Sharks players.

"I'm right to play, I'm ready to go," Ross told The Daily Telegraph. "The doctor has cleared me. Ricky has given me until Saturday to play but I've already told him that I will be playing.

Have you picked the rest of the team yet Ben? :lol:

Johnny Drama said:
dave q it seems like you have taken 100 of them already.

Actually I believe he took one hit.

He was dropped on his head as a baby and another Souths supporter was born.