What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What happened with Niko Reef, did he re-sign?
Wouldn't touch Chisolm, probably just blood our young players and hopefully raid the market place for 2013.

Chisolm has had a niggling knee injury that requires rest. He is quality though.
Niko apparently staying at Storm. He played for Easts mostly & they were terrible.
I'd expect the new Brisbane or Perth team will lock him up, as they will any other decent player going around.
We may have money to spend, but we will have to have much more as soon as these guys enter the market place.

Young Wil Hopoate when he returns from Mormon mission in 2 years time would be a seriously good acquisition, though I read the race has already started. Succession planning.

Special K

Coach
I think Ross is a great pick up.

8. Ross 9. De Gois 10. Gibbs 11. Bukuya 12. Smith 13. Gallen 14. Tupou 15. Taga 16. Fifita 17. Morris

Very good pack if Bukuya can stay fit... Plenty of impact on the bench!

cb4

First Grade
Swap Morris with Wade or Albert Kelly and the team looks very balanced.

carinashark

First Grade
Im really worried about signing Ross . The neck thing is just too big a risk , think of the crap we would have to go through if it went again and he wound up in a wheel chair . I dont know why he dosent think the same way , I have a friend in a wheelchair from a work place accident and its horrible.

RgSharks

Juniors
Im really worried about signing Ross . The neck thing is just too big a risk , think of the crap we would have to go through if it went again and he wound up in a wheel chair . I dont know why he dosent think the same way , I have a friend in a wheelchair from a work place accident and its horrible.

This neck is fine and he proved that by how he played this year for the bunnies.

carinashark

First Grade
Yes but 'what if' thats my point. He played ok for the bunnies but I dont think we need him anyway next season.

Special K

Coach
What if anyone breaks their neck though? Ross was awesome this year for the bunnies.

He and Gibbs are both popular players with their team mates which is always a good sign imo. We need guys who can help keep things fun for the boys when they are getting pumped every week :lol:.

newman

First Grade
We got Ross VERY VERY CHEAPLY, and if he gets injured again we dont pay him nuthin.

Its a good pick up, he was awesome this year. An experience prop for bugger all money.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I always liked the bloke, he actually seemed remorseful when he left regarding the amount of money he was paid to play bugger all football. Not his fault but just one of those things.
He wouldve figured he owed us some football and that's why he signed for cheaply, I take my hat off to him.
Will make a decent partner for Gibbs in the front row.

Quigs

Immortal
Obviously - apart from the time spent sidelined with the neck rehab - that time spent on the sideline would of extended the career life of Ross. Getting the rest of the body reinvigerated is a bonus also.

That said, I worry about players returning after suffering such extreme neck injuries, especially playing front row, in such a high contact sport.

Not worth it for me as far as Rossy is concerned but its his decision.

Craigshark

First Grade
We got Ross VERY VERY CHEAPLY, and if he gets injured again we dont pay him nuthin.

Its a good pick up, he was awesome this year. An experience prop for bugger all money.

Agreed.. I'm not totally convinced on Fifita yet, so I actually think we needed him.

carinashark

First Grade
Fifita is a wrecking ball and goes much faster than Ben Ross ever will. We just do not need old players, we have to stop this line of thinking . Look back to when we were at our best , mostly young guys out to prove something. If we keep going with the likes of Ben Ross we will have a team of Poppa Clay's. We must look at the QLD clubs and raid talent.

newman

First Grade
If we follow your line of thinking Carina, why wouldn't we just put our NYC team out there to play?

The QLD Cup!! f**k me dead.

Stop talking, just stop.

Craigshark

First Grade
Fifita is a wrecking ball and goes much faster than Ben Ross ever will. We just do not need old players, we have to stop this line of thinking . Look back to when we were at our best , mostly young guys out to prove something. If we keep going with the likes of Ben Ross we will have a team of Poppa Clay's. We must look at the QLD clubs and raid talent.

You need some older guys with experience in the side.. Especially in the front row.. Who would you prefer in the side, Cordoba or Ross? It's not Fifitas playing ability that worries me, it's his attitude.

Exactly.
Front row is the one position in today's game that suits the older player.
The Ross signing is a thumbs up from me.