What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o > Sam Burgess

DiegoNT

First Grade

Scored the winning try for England (yes england) against France in the 6 nations

English Rose

Juniors
Ben Teo is probably better than rugby Union than Sam.

This is a rugby league forum though and in rugby league Sam wipes the floor with Teo in every aspect!

Diego hates Sam anyway, every post he criticises him even though he is the best forward you have had in years!

Rabbits20

Immortal

This is a rugby league forum though and in rugby league Sam wipes the floor with Teo in every aspect!

Diego hates Sam anyway, every post he criticises him even though he is the best forward you have had in years!
Spot on mate.

He will deny it though.

DiegoNT

First Grade

I don't hate Sam.
But.
I don't like the way he walked out on the club after everything we did for him, how we basically made him the player he was, signed all his brothers to good contracts despite their young age, .basically done everything for him. This was largely cancelled out thanks to his good form in the premiership run.
I don't like the way we re signed him. The way we had to get rid of players short notice in the off-season and the whole circus he brought with him and the disruptions it caused.
I don't place him on a huge pedastal of no criticism that others do. He is on huge money now, Cronk and thurston money, so he has to deliver. He can't be going through the motions, getting stats up without impact, like he did for the majority of his games last year. Not until the last 5 weeks did he play to that higher elite level. He isn't above criticism. He makes a lot of mistakes. Some fans seem to have him as untouchable as the best forward in the game, when even at lock there were at least 3 players who out performed him in 2016

Pommy

Coach
How is he even playing for England?
He's only just moved to an english club recently so it can't be on residency.

Edit

Pommy mother according to wiki

doyen

Bench
Sam is a big,hard,tough & inspirational forward. He leads by example, and,hopefully,other Sths forwards follow!

He is not a classy type of player with silky ball-skills. Until he shows that he can send other faster players on long runs with deft skills he can never be aligned with the very best of past[& present]players;IMO!

I rate Graham ahead of Sam as he possesses classy ball-skills.

He is a metre-eater,as they say. I hate that term, & style of play,as it ruins the game for potentially great ball-players. This approach may be affecting Sam's play to some degree but one would have to say that his hands,in general,can be suspect!!

Sam is the type of player who will keep us competitive NOT set us alight!!!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I don't hate Sam.
But.
I don't like the way he walked out on the club after everything we did for him, how we basically made him the player he was, signed all his brothers to good contracts despite their young age, .basically done everything for him. This was largely cancelled out thanks to his good form in the premiership run.
I don't like the way we re signed him. The way we had to get rid of players short notice in the off-season and the whole circus he brought with him and the disruptions it caused.
I don't place him on a huge pedastal of no criticism that others do. He is on huge money now, Cronk and thurston money, so he has to deliver. He can't be going through the motions, getting stats up without impact, like he did for the majority of his games last year. Not until the last 5 weeks did he play to that higher elite level. He isn't above criticism. He makes a lot of mistakes. Some fans seem to have him as untouchable as the best forward in the game, when even at lock there were at least 3 players who out performed him in 2016

His brothers good contracts were dished up after they won a premiership.
I don't think they were on any fantasticly good money whilst Sam was at the club first time around.
Can we also stop pretending he walked out on the club. That implies he did a Sandow. He negotiated a release with the club for which the club was compensated handsomely for.

Last edited:
I think we could of went really close again in 15 if a few key players did not leave
Eg Teo Sam Lote
Wasn't to be ,anyway hope this year we go harder than 16

Pommy

Coach
I think we could of went really close again in 15 if a few key players did not leave
Eg Teo Sam Lote
Wasn't to be ,anyway hope this year we go harder than 16

Very possible, we started 2015 like a house on fire.
Although we did seem to tire. Perhaps that would have had played a part no matter what.