What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bench Impact

Stake Removed

First Grade
We are really starting to see lack of bench impact this year only Paulo & Seggy seem to have offered anything when coming off bench Capewell & Ava just seem to go through motions.

I will admit it hasnt helped with Bukuya starting with Lewis out as he added great impact.

Flanno needs to look at Ava, we have Dillon who we keep getting told is close to playing well lets see how he goes.

For Capewell - we have Jack Williams in last weeks 21, in trials as well Nikora ran some good lines, trying either one of these has to be an option.

I look at for example Dillon/Williams for Ava/Capewell as very limited downside if any but plenty of potential upside

ghoti

Bench
The bench has been a problem for sure, Flanno panicking 10 mins into the 2nd half and turning the side over again showed he's not confident in them either. We miss Bukuya off the bench like you said...Lewis coming back will make a huge difference in bench impact.

Hopefully the Tolman rumours are true...Prior has been struggling a bit, would be nice to have Tolman start with a bench of Prior, Bukuya, Paulo and Segeyaro.

Inferno

Coach
The bench has been a problem for years. I don't think we've had a impact players on the bench since Hutch Maiva.

It seems that 25 minute mark to halftime is a big problem for us where we both leak points and struggle to score.

I'd be tempted to play Fifita off the bench.

Inferno

Coach
2016 must’ve been a good bench...ya don’t win the comp without 1.

I'm no saying our bench is bad I'm just saying we don't have any impact players on it that can come on and either make huge metres or land some big hits in defence or are super speedy out of dummy half getting us on the front foot.

Last ones I can recall that fit that bill were Michael Sullivan, Tevita Latu and Hutch Maiaiva. If memory serves I think Fifita may have started for us off the bench in his first year with us as well.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our best use of the bench would be to pick the fargen thing up, take it on the field and smash charnts with it

txta2

Bench
I've seen enough of Capewell. He has had 1 good game in 7 years
When the f**k is 1 of these young merkins gonna start making an impact. been wating for years