What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Out - Covell for Centre

Kingytek

Juniors
With Benji out for 6 weeks do u think Covell could slot into the Centre role?
Or do u think we could move someone else into Centre and place Cov out on the wing or something?
I just think he needs to be in your side!!!

innsaneink

Referee
There are a few possbilities..............
a)Fitzhenry to the bench, Farah to hooker and Wilson to centres.
b)Fitzhenry to centre ,Farah hooker and Wilson bench
c) Halatau also can play center as well though i think he's needed on the bench

I would hope option A) Fitz & Halatau on the bench with at least 1 lower grade prop, preferably 2

Kingytek

Juniors
innsaneink said:

I would hope option A) Fitz & Halatau on the bench with at least 1 lower grade prop, preferably 2

So u think Covell shouldnt get a start in the side?

innsaneink

Referee
Kingytek said:
innsaneink said:

So u think Covell shouldnt get a start in the side?

While I wouldnt be unhappy to see him in the team.....I think Miles & Moodie have been going OK for us. Moodie has the spotlight at the moment. Miles did drop that crucial ball but thats hardly droppable IMO.
Miles and Covell are almost equal in ability IMO....Miles slightly better, but Covells kicking is an added bonus.
Even though our backline has now been disrupted with Benjis injury, were pretty well covered there with depth.
Wish that was the case with our forwards....theres our problem area. Depths being tested to the max....Senter,Laffranchi,Payten...there a good front row watching from the stands.

westie

Bench
Covell should be in the starting side for moodie. We already have 2 centers in the side playing out of position. Why not play them there?

Balmainia

Juniors
I've heard 6 week by the daily telegraph website, the today show for Benji's injury and two months according to the radio - so is it 6 weeks or 8 - I guess it really depends on the healing factor

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
You are kidding Westie!

Covell would not have scored either of those tries on saturday night if he had been there ahead of Moodie! And that would leave us ten points down - which was our winning margin!!!

Moodie is a class finisher and should be first winger chosen!

simon says

First Grade
westie said:
Covell should be in the starting side for moodie. We already have 2 centers in the side playing out of position. Why not play them there?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drop Moodie,one of your best,lol.If he isnt our best winger Ill give it up.The bloke scores two tries from nothing and you want him dropped :lol: :lol: .If anyone is in doubt it would be Miles who keeps making bumbly handling errors and the occasional defensive mistake(more positional than heart related).

I would like to see Covell in for Miles for a few reasons.He doesnt drop balls or miss tackles.And he is a FAR better kicker than Hodgson who has dissapointed me with his kicking.

I know Sheens wanted pace on the wing outside Marshall.Well now he has gone I reckon its time for Covell to take our defensive side wing spot.

Cheers.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Gotta agree.We cant drop Moodie.I think Covell should be considered for the other wing spot though.This week i think it will be

2 Moodie
3 Elford
4 Wilson
5 Miles/Covell

6 Fitzhenry

9 Farah

14 Reynolds

Swampdonkey

Juniors
I like the look of what you have suggested there happytiger. I also wouldn't mind -

2. Moodie
3. Elford
4. Fitzhenry
5. Miles/Covell
6. Reynolds

9. Farah

With Wilson moving to the bench. Apart from an episode of dropped balls against the Broncos, i have been impressed with Reynolds.

I think the main point is we have alot of good players that can fill in anywhere and whilst it is a blow that Benji is out, regardless of how Sheens lines them up, we will have a very capable player playing in his position.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:

Obviously this was Westie when he posted :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho: :alcho:

westie

Bench
Snide the Tiger said:
You are kidding Westie!

Covell would not have scored either of those tries on saturday night if he had been there ahead of Moodie! And that would leave us ten points down - which was our winning margin!!!

Moodie had 3 opportunites on the weekend. He bombed one. Covell hasnt bombed a try all year. If we were talking about kicking would you take the player operating at 66% or one going at 100%? Moodie has done alright this year though.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
westie said:
Snide the Tiger said:
You are kidding Westie!

Moodie had 3 opportunites on the weekend. He bombed one. Covell hasnt bombed a try all year. If we were talking about kicking would you take the player operating at 66% or one going at 100%? Moodie has done alright this year though.

I think you are confusing 'Having Opportunities' with 'Creating Opportunities'.
Moodie did not 'Have' 3 opportunities on the weekend, he 'Created' 2 opportunities and scored 2 outstanding tries. Not many players, at the very least Covell, could have scored those tries.
He is a class above alot of wingers in the NRL based on the 4 games he has played this year.

If Moodie is injury free this season he will break John Wilson's club tryscoring record, and he will do it easily.....

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
Covell hasnt bombed a try all year.

So what do you call it when Covell was 10meters out with the line wide open whilst he couldn't catch the final pass which ended up over the sideline against Balmain then ???? :shock: :shock:

westie said:
If we were talking about kicking would you take the player operating at 66% or one going at 100%?

Covell isn't going at 100% this year as he missed 2 shots against Balmain and that was from 1 game :roll: :roll:

westie said:
Moodie has done alright this year though.

So he has done alright, been our best winger if not best back by a mile yet you want him sacked into the lower grades and swapped with a winger who fair enough dosn't make silly mistakes can defend and also can kick goals but can't bust the line :roll: :roll:

I have never been a fan of Moodie, but he is our BEST winger at the club and deserves to be crowned that with his current form - I would however swap Miles for Covell anyday!!!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
westie said:
Goddam you guys ar gullable. I wish I was this good at real fishing.

Who fishes for fellow supporters? :?

We've all got used to your lack of footy knowlege I suppose.