What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benjis impending suspension

Billybob

Juniors
when does he serve out his suspension for the swinging arm

or does being injured still count as games played or would the tigers have to name him every week of his suspension so they come off

Just kidding the way the match officials are nowdays he may not even get charged

Stranger

Coach
His injury matches count as suspension matches

4-week suspension
4-week injury

= 4 weeks on sideline.

jamesgould

Juniors
Who was it that broke their arm making a high tackle a few years back, Betham on Civoniceva wasn't it? He got a suspension for that I think ... probably the only instance ever where a player got off a suspension because they got injured while committing the offence haha.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
jamesgould said:
Who was it that broke their arm making a high tackle a few years back, Betham on Civoniceva wasn't it?

Not sure about Betham and Petero but Nathan Cayless broke his arm hitting Josh Hannay high in 2004.

OVP

Coach
If Benji is suspended, this will be the single biggest DISGRACE in the game's history. It doesnt surprise me a Cowpat fan would make such a post, you lot are the Touch Footy kings. Wait until the real clubs start playing, and you'll see how tough you are. Put it this way ... im going a grand on the Bulldogs to smash them by 20+.

/throws out Shark bait and waits for the nibbles ;-)

Tigertread

Juniors
OVP said:
If Benji is suspended, this will be the single biggest DISGRACE in the game's history. It doesnt surprise me a Cowpat fan would make such a post, you lot are the Touch Footy kings. Wait until the real clubs start playing, and you'll see how tough you are. Put it this way ... im going a grand on the Bulldogs to smash them by 20+.

/throws out Shark bait and waits for the nibbles ;-)
I'll take that bet.

Cletus

First Grade
Nook said:
Doubt it will even be that.

Prince's was worse.

We're f**ked.

I thought the same. Especially the bit about you're f**ked. Who are the halves going to be without Prince/Marshall?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
jamesgould said:
Who was it that broke their arm making a high tackle a few years back, Betham on Civoniceva wasn't it? He got a suspension for that I think ... probably the only instance ever where a player got off a suspension because they got injured while committing the offence haha.

Yeah it was Monty Betham in 2004. Instant karma, lol.

LESStar58

Referee
If the nrL judicary want consistency re: the new tackling rules Benji should go. 2 weeks at best methinks...

colonel_123

Juniors
Onan the barbarian said:
I thought the same. Especially the bit about you're f**ked. Who are the halves going to be without Prince/Marshall?

7. Reynolds
6. Fitzhenry

*shudders*

Hopefully Sheens will look to blood one of the lower graders. The Tigers premier league side is top of the table at the moment and it might be time to give one of them a run.