What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett Cut Loose By Broncos

Frank Facer

First Grade
My only explanation as to why we wouldn't be interested in Bennett is that he would want to have control of recruitment and retention. He would also want to pick his own coaching staff too. Bringing in Bennett may disturb the status quo.

At the moment the story is that Mary doesn't have total control over recruitment, that could be a reason we missed out on Cleary and any others that we may have approached? If we did actually ever approach any other coaches, since Bellamy?

As I said, to me it is a no brainer to replace Mary with Bennett, especially if Bennett can bring Pangai and Oates with him. Whether it is Bennett or someone else from outside our system, we need a new coach with some fresh, new ideas.

ouryears

Bench
My only explanation as to why we wouldn't be interested in Bennett is that he would want to have control of recruitment and retention. He would also want to pick his own coaching staff too. Bringing in Bennett may disturb the status quo.

At the moment the story is that Mary doesn't have total control over recruitment, that could be a reason we missed out on Cleary and any others that we may have approached? If we did actually ever approach any other coaches, since Bellamy?

As I said, to me it is a no brainer to replace Mary with Bennett, especially if Bennett can bring Pangai and Oates with him. Whether it is Bennett or someone else from outside our system, we need a new coach with some fresh, new ideas.
I really think the board believe that Mary is doing a good job
Can you believe it?
The reason is that is there standard
Quote......We made the top 8, goal achieved.
Damn old boys, bunch of mr averages

BLM01

First Grade
What a BS smokescreen. Penrith signing a coach from 2021, great PR and spin exercise. Snakes and ladders at penrith...(more snakes)
We all know how it will end up. He will coach Penrith likely next year. Nathan Cleary signs a long deal (probably unders to keep cap space), father signs an even bigger deal as coach payments are not capped. Hmmm. Ivan is now a good enough coach for Penrith on what basis?...to keep Nathan.
It begins... Penrith to be the favourites in the media and will win the comp in 2019 to prove GUS a winner and a master tactician. Father and son winning combo on GF day, great feel good story.for the NRL as that is what the sport is all about these days it seems

Mickthedragon

Juniors
So it seems the board has fallen for the "one trick pony" performance once again. We had ONE good win vs Broncs and a good performance in which we lost vs Souths, which doesn't count as it's still a bloody loss. Mary had no idea what he was doing throughout it all but has somehow come through it smelling like roses as if he righted the ship.
The players simply took it into their own hands and fired up on the field, that was all i could see. Looks like he is safe from the board to see out next year and who knows after that. Scary stuff!!!

Warabrook saint

Juniors

The management think mary is doing a great job.....or at least some amongst does.....the ones that call the shots now

possm

Coach
He is available. He would be better than Mary and he could bring the likes of Pangai and Oates with him. We would be a much more attractive option than Wests. We should entice him to come.

We should be fighting to sign him. There are no more excuses. We need a better coach, with WIN on board we have the capacity to pay him and if he is available for the Tigers, he should also be available for us.

possm

Coach
The management think mary is doing a great job.....or at least some amongst does.....the ones that call the shots now
It is all so hard to believe. I keep thinking 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'. Let's hope I am right and Bennett ditches Tigers and comes to Dragons. Just think about it:
No more Mary
No more Millward
Pangai Jr
Oats
Premiership

Warabrook saint

Juniors
It is all so hard to believe. I keep thinking 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'. Let's hope I am right and Bennett ditches Tigers and comes to Dragons. Just think about it:
No more Mary
No more Millward
Pangai Jr
Oats
Premiership
No more Mary
No more Millward
Pangai Jr
Oats
Premiership
Very sadly the nonachivers are only interested in having their little incompetent favorite son.....docile little boy there

Warabrook saint

Juniors

If the idiots can't see how strong we were and the premiership we won when he was in charge then there's no f**king hope for us