What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett: Knights best team we've played so far

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I missed most of the game yesterday - first time in a long time. I was on the road and miles from anywhere. So what was it like? Who were the standouts? Injuries? The reports I heard suggest it was a cracker of a game.

I was listening to ABC radio in the car and the post-match interview with the coaches. Bennett rated the Knights as the best team we've played so far this year. Interesting considering that we lost to the sharks two weeks ago - probably a reflection of the fact that we played our worst game in three years in that game, while the sharks played their best ever.

As expected, we are seeing teams bringing their 'A Game' to us. IMO, to win against quality opposition can only improve our stocks.

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
Creagh definitely needs medical attention. The guy was in pain after every tackle.

Newcastle came out and played the game of their lives. They were emotional and they practically had 20,000 fans behind them. They were pumped.

Our defence was strong but our attack wasn't anywhere near its best.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Probably a bit too much respect shown for them - they were really gutsy, as they always are, but take away the fact that there were some very questionable calls by the referees and touch judges in the second half which gifted the knights 60% possession, we were definitely the better side overall.

the performance by the sharks was the best we've encountered so far this season, but arguably newcastle will finish higher up the ladder than the sharks will anyway.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Knights only got a roll on when they received a run of penalties in the second half, starting with the questionable one against Beau Scott.....some of the refs decisions were ordinary to say the least.....also the penalty aginst Soward was strange when one of the ref overuled the other..... having said that i thought Sowards kicking game was not up to his usual standard

We proved yesterday why we are the Champions, everything went against us, Knights threw absolutely everything they had at us, even right at the end Mullen had the ball in his hands for the scrum when it was clearly our feed LOL

Rocket

Juniors
It was a close one, but without looking at the game stats, the big thing for me was we seemed like we made a lot less basic errors than the previous 3 games. And I agree with the commentators that if Tinky's Team were playing anyone else they would have put on another two tries in the second half.

st.phil

Bench
Great effort from the boys...the Knights had so much ball and got EVERY decision from the 30 minute mark onwards. The tinkler effect is evidently trickling down to the refs!!

Tom155

Coach
what a load of crap some of you come out with, Dragons got the calls in the 1st half then they went the knights way in the 2nd, refs were ordinary but it was Cummins & De Las Heras so it was expected, bad calls went both ways.

In the end the better team won anyway so it doesnt matter anyway.

Minh

First Grade
Bennetts confidence gives me confidence that we can go all the way again.:)

what a load of crap some of you come out with, Dragons got the calls in the 1st half then they went the knights way in the 2nd, refs were ordinary but it was Cummins & De Las Heras so it was expected, bad calls went both ways.

Soreloser

Breathingfire

Juniors
We seem to be making a habit of spoiling Newcastle's parties. Old Boys last year and now the opening of a new stand and the Tinkler factor. I remember throughout the late 90's and the 2000's we always seemed to play well in Newcastle. It was always close but we won more than we lost up there.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Cracking game. Best game I have seen the Red V play this year. Knights were pretty good as well. If Gidley and Mullen stay in the halves they will be hard to beat. Gidley's first game back and he sets up a try with an absolute beaut of a kick out wide with pin point accuracy. They should be the halves for NSW imo.

The Saints forwards stood up today. Merrin and Creagh had cracking games. With Weyman out they wrote us off but the young guns have stood up the challenge.

Has Coops made a pass yet in 2011. BMOZ is getting srtarved out there on the wing. Poor bloke. I hardly saw BMOZ with the ball much yesterday. Saw Coops with alot of ball but nothing went to BMOZ.

Red_Vee

Juniors

you could say that there were some questionable calls on both ends. touch judges missed a couple of calls in the first half that would have given dragons possession in knights territory so it all evened up in the end.

probably best game i've seen all year and knights fans have plenty to be excited about given they still have many quality players to come back from injury.

st.phil

Bench
Seriously? They had a lot of great ball and failed to generate very much in the second half. I thought the Knights forwards were good but there backs and halves were not threatening at all. Neither deserve selection in my opinion.

Cracking game. Best game I have seen the Red V play this year. Knights were pretty good as well. If Gidley and Mullen stay in the halves they will be hard to beat. Gidley's first game back and he sets up a try with an absolute beaut of a kick out wide with pin point accuracy. They should be the halves for NSW imo.

The Saints forwards stood up today. Merrin and Creagh had cracking games. With Weyman out they wrote us off but the young guns have stood up the challenge.

Has Coops made a pass yet in 2011. BMOZ is getting srtarved out there on the wing. Poor bloke. I hardly saw BMOZ with the ball much yesterday. Saw Coops with alot of ball but nothing went to BMOZ.

Latest posts