What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 17 lads discuss

Luke Bowden

First Grade
1.Dyl
2.Tito
3.Tago
4.Critter
5.Bizza
6.Romey
7.The Prince
8.Mose
9.Kenny
10.Fish
11.Sorro
12.Martin
13.Yeo

14.Soni
15.Smith
16.Spencer
17.Salmon

18.Hosking
19.Peach

betcats

Referee
For mine the only real question is about the last bench spot. Hosking, Smith and Leniu are the first three benchies picked. Im still not sure who I would have for the last spot, Salmon, Soni, Peach or Garner. Probably Soni to cover Kenny and give him a spell but that doesnt give us any cover for the backs. I think Peach and Salmon could spell Kenny and provide cover for outside back injuries and Garner offers some backs cover as well as being a pretty good bench backrower but leaves us without anyone to spell Kenny.

Iamback

Coach
For mine the only real question is about the last bench spot. Hosking, Smith and Leniu are the first three benchies picked. Im still not sure who I would have for the last spot, Salmon, Soni, Peach or Garner. Probably Soni to cover Kenny and give him a spell but that doesnt give us any cover for the backs. I think Peach and Salmon could spell Kenny and provide cover for outside back injuries and Garner offers some backs cover as well as being a pretty good bench backrower but leaves us without anyone to spell Kenny.

I agree that is the 3 forwards on it.

Then you need a 4th guy that can cover the backs given they will get very minimal time.

The bench against the Storm would be my pick, Salmon is just too slow to cover the backs for long periods

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I agree that is the 3 forwards on it.

Then you need a 4th guy that can cover the backs given they will get very minimal time.

The bench against the Storm would be my pick, Salmon is just too slow to cover the backs for long periods
Its round 22 and we have no idea if Soni Luke can compete when it matters.

WestyLife

First Grade
He’s the best hooker at the club, it’s nonsense to suggest he’s not in our best 17.

Surely even you'd be concerned if we needed him as the main hooker come finals. He simply isn't getting the minutes in first grade. They'd need to increase that over the next few weeks.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Surely even you'd be concerned if we needed him as the main hooker come finals. He simply isn't getting the minutes in first grade. They'd need to increase that over the next few weeks.
Not concerned at all, as I’ve said for the last few months, he’s tracking nicely, he’s defence, which is the only real thing holding him back, was quite good on the weekend.

His minutes will now start building. It’s not unusual way to bring a rookie hooker into the NRL, Ivan isn’t really breaking new ground here.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bulldogs outscored Panthers 12 to 10 when Luke was on. Momentum tends to shift against us on a fairly regular basis when Luke comes on.

You would think a spark like him against one of the worst teams in the competition coming off the bench would really ignite our attack. But it didn't.

I started the season off thinking Luke was better than Kenny. But Kenny has improved as season went on. Luke hasn't IMO. Ivan might think we need him in our best 17. On his day he can be an asset. But I certainly wouldn't be feeling confident in him playing big minutes in the finals.

Munky

Coach
Bulldogs outscored Panthers 12 to 10 when Luke was on. Momentum tends to shift against us on a fairly regular basis when Luke comes on.

You would think a spark like him against one of the worst teams in the competition coming off the bench would really ignite our attack. But it didn't.

I started the season off thinking Luke was better than Kenny. But Kenny has improved as season went on. Luke hasn't IMO. Ivan might think we need him in our best 17. On his day he can be an asset. But I certainly wouldn't be feeling confident in him playing big minutes in the finals.

The intensity just drops with Luke on the field.

Its an easy ruck to win for the opposition when he's in the line.

WestyLife

First Grade
You know better than the coaching staff about how many minutes a Rookie Hooker should be playing?

Calm your farm and let the club develop him correctly.

Mitch Kenny is buying us plenty of time.

How is he the best hooker at the club if he needs managed like that. I genuinely don't understand.

Iamback

Coach
You know better than the coaching staff about how many minutes a Rookie Hooker should be playing?

Calm your farm and let the club develop him correctly.

Mitch Kenny is buying us plenty of time.

Then wouldn't that make Kenny the best hooker at the club?