What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 2nd Rower?

Best 2nd Rower?

• Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galuvao

• Morley

• Puletua

• Tallis

• Hindmarsh

• Carlaw

• Ryan

• Wiki

• Kennedy

• Total voters

Phillips

Referee
i will take back my comment regarding fitzgibbon as being the most over-rated in the poll, i didn't see the Tallis option #-o

Macca

Coach
That would make 2 ridiculous comments. Thanks Phillips. You are a deadset winner in the game of life.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I can think of 3 Newcastle backrowers who all are right at the pinacle... Kennedy, Simpson and Abraham.

But jeez, is there a harder position in league to seperate? All these quality second rowers.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Phillips said:
i will take back my comment regarding fitzgibbon as being the most over-rated in the poll, i didn't see the Tallis option #-o
How can you not rate superstars like Fitzgibbon and Tallis, i.e. players who rise to the occasion at rep. level, yet consider Hindmarsh, i.e. someone who capitulates at the highest level, the best 2nd rower in the game?

You see the thing that separates the good players from the great ones is how they play on the biggest stage, in the most improtant games. What we've seen from Gordie in the past for QLD and what we saw from Fitzy on Wednesday is what constitutes a great player. Hindmarsh on the other hand is just a good player, because whilst he might be a stand-out at club level in the regular season, he still hasn't impressed aat the highest level despite so many cahnces.

And you can say that's not a fair assessment (dont know why anyone would) but the bottom line is, you've got to perform when it counts. For example, Fitzgibbon is superb week-in, week-out for the Roosters yet he is also a star when it counts. He won the Churchill Medal and was the player of the finals series in 2002. He's also been a standout at rep. level in just about every game. Hindmarsh on the other hand not only hasnt stood out yet at rep. level, but he also had a below par game in the big one - the 2001 GF. All that considered, i dont see how anyone could consider Hindmarsh better than Fitzgibbon or Tallis.

Latest posts