What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Cover Versions?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Eagles of Death Metal - "Stuck in the middle"
The Tea Party - "Paint it black"
Johnny Cash - "Hurt" & "Rusty Cage"
Bodyjar - "Hazy shade of winter"
Butterfly Effect - "Highway to hell"

Danger

Juniors
Me First & the Gimme Gimmes - End of the Road, Uptown Girl.
Game Over - Khe Sahn
The Wombats - Bleeding Love
Hi Standard - California Dreaming

They are the only ones that come to mind now, for some reason im a fan of covers, so i have a fair few cover tracks in my collection, but i can only think of these ones at the moment.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Queen - Big Spender and Tutti Frutti from their live at Wembley 86' album.
Freddie Mercury - The Great Pretender

Bryan Ferry - A hard rains gonna fall.

(Lets face it, anyone can do a cover version of a Dylan song better than the original)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another Brick In The Wall - Korn
(Welcome Home) Sanitarium - Limp Bizkit

Red Bear

Referee
Regina Spektor's cover of John Lennon's "Real Love" is pretty darn good.
Yeah thats a good one

The Herd are great, about the only hip-hop act ever that doesnt big note themselves.

Me First and the gimme gimmes doing the boxer is supurb
I slow danced with a chick to the home and awaytheme done by Frenzal at the metro earlier this year
Rise Against do a good cover of built to last by sick of it all
Strung Out cover bark at the moon by Ozzy Osbourne is pretty damn good.
Dropkick Murphys do a host of good covers as well, including Johnny i Hardly Knew Ya, Auld Triangle, No Mans Land (by eric bogle), Rocky Road to Dublin

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
F*cking great call, need that Wembley album. One Vision on it is mind-blowing.
The greatest opening song to a live concert.

The only others that come close for mine is Hurt by Johnny Cash to open Garbage's last Australian tour and The Ecstacy Of Gold that opens Metallica concerts.

awesome openers.

Flapper

First Grade
Bryan Ferry - A hard rains gonna fall.

(Lets face it, anyone can do a cover version of a Dylan song better than the original)

Oh God yes. I came to this version before the original (despite my mental mother being a Dylan nut), and when I heard the original I was absolutely horrified. What a limp wristed piece of sh*t it is.

I do like some Dylan songs (Positively 4th Street is one of my all time favourite songs by anyone), but the vast majority of his work is not great. He can write a song like nobodies business, but I really don't like it when he tries to play most of them.

Danger

Juniors
The Propighandi version of Cheap Tricks "I want you to want me" is pretty good, forgot that one.