What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ever sharks team

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
exsullyfan

You do realise Stuart Raper never played first grade at the Sharks don't you?

That reminds me Cap'n Frenz ... How did we both miss Maurie.

I baggs him, I baggs him first

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Quigs said:
That reminds me Cap'n Frenz ... How did we both miss Maurie.

I baggs him, I baggs him first

Cheers
Quigs

Maurie's out because he jinxed us!

When he came to us in 1971 from Penrith he was attributed with this quote.

"Cronulla was different to Penrith in their attitude. Both were great clubs to be involved with in the early days. Penrith was more fmaily orientated; they got in the comp to do well. They were more "country".

Cronulla was the more "city" club. They were more professional. They were in to win the premiership"

What happened??

That was the start of the Raper jinx

Get rid of them all

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
Maurie's out because he jinxed us!

When he came to us in 1971 from Penrith he was attributed with this quote.

"Cronulla was different to Penrith in their attitude. Both were great clubs to be involved with in the early days. Penrith was more fmaily orientated; they got in the comp to do well. They were more "country".

Cronulla was the more "city" club. They were more professional. They were in to win the premiership"

What happened??

That was the start of the Raper jinx

Get rid of them all

Nyah Nyah yourself Cap'n,

Mauries in and Iv'e got him.

Don't know where I'll play him but hes impact will be greater then Hurricane Katrina.

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Quigs said:
Nyah Nyah yourself Cap'n,

Mauries in and Iv'e got him.

Don't know where I'll play him but hes impact will be greater then Hurricane Katrina.

Cheers
Quigs

Fine Quigley!!

You can have your Maurie.

I am of course going to counter punch with

.......drumroll.........

Dave Cotter!!

oh and Quigs - look what I got....

Bomber.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
Fine Quigley!!

You can have your Maurie.

I am of course going to counter punch with

.......drumroll.........

Dave Cotter!!

oh and Quigs - look what I got....

Bomber.jpg

Why didn't we win the comp at our first ever attempt. The toughest training regimes in the history of our fine code......

Maurie, Maurie, Maurie..... Dave's fine, but Maurie is more like a Witchdoctor Tribel Elder. Which I contend will unsettle any nomination that you care to put forward...

mmmmm John Monie..... could resurrect (check spellun) the faded shorts fad again. The Cronulla surfie image. but I guess Vince couldn't see the reasoning behind it. Maybe if it was to his left or right side he just might.

Cheers
Quigs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
ahh John Monie

Always looked like he had 3 sets of shoulder pads on. Or a very short neck. :lol:

He would of been great off Vince's "round the corner passes". Especialy as Vince could actually see round the corner to do them.

It's clear you believe you are on a winner with Mighty Maurie so I'll have to delve into the archives of my head (or some book) to come up with someone that can hold a candle to the jinx.

I might need an Olaf Prattl or Dinny O'Bryan to get out of this one...

White Poiner

Coach
frenzy you are wrong.

And i will prove it to you. Raper played 3 games for cronulla. And yes they were first grade games. Ill go prove it to ya.

Wait 5.

Frenzy.

Immortal
White Poiner said:
frenzy you are wrong.

And i will prove it to you. Raper played 3 games for cronulla. And yes they were first grade games. Ill go prove it to ya.

Wait 5.

Don't bother, I know he did. 1 game and 2 as a replacement.

But I don't like him so I don't recognise them :)

White Poiner

Coach
You fockhead. I had to scan the pic and all. :)

Raper.jpg

Now that i have done that. I may as well get some info out of it. What position did raper play, frenzy?

Quigs

Immortal
Sick him Poiner ... Sick Him......... Good boy, good boy.

Cap'n Frenz.

Ollie and the Din, good call.

Crikey we've got the makings of an unbeatable side here, no bugger, an unbeatable club.

It would just make the Club Championship contest a no contest. The others would simply shudder in their addidass's (check spellun)...

hey you got to be worried now. My young friend from Lismore got a short sharp straight left passed that inpregnable guard. Are you like me Cap'n Frenz. Getting old and slow.

I blame mine on two words.

"two much piss"

Go Maurie, Go Maurie. Go Maurie.

Mate I don't have any Shark books either..... my mate wouldn't let me steal his Garry Lester sharkies book when I visited him last October. Reckons something like a 50 year old birthday present from someone special was enough reason for him to retain ownership - the selfish bastard.

When I get a spare 50 plus P and P I will order one.

Cheers
Quigs.

1. D Peachey
2. M Rogers
3. S Rogers
4. A Ettingshausen
5. R Bourke
6. M Speechley
7. T Bishop
8. C Watson
9. J McMartin
10. J Stevens
11. G Miller
12. K Sorensen
13. G Pierce

14. D Sorensen
15. S Kneen
16. D Hatch
17. B Russell

Quigs

Immortal
Youngens ... stick to the kiddies pool ... this is pretty deep sh!t

les-2.jpg

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Quigs said:
Sick him Poiner ... Sick Him......... Good boy, good boy.

Cap'n Frenz.

Ollie and the Din, good call.

Crikey we've got the makings of an unbeatable side here, no bugger, an unbeatable club.

It would just make the Club Championship contest a no contest. The others would simply shudder in their addidass's (check spellun)...

hey you got to be worried now. My young friend from Lismore got a short sharp straight left passed that inpregnable guard. Are you like me Cap'n Frenz. Getting old and slow.

I blame mine on two words.

"two much piss"

Go Maurie, Go Maurie. Go Maurie.

Mate I don't have any Shark books either..... my mate wouldn't let me steal his Garry Lester sharkies book when I visited him last October. Reckons something like a 50 year old birthday present from someone special was enough reason for him to retain ownership - the selfish bastard.

When I get a spare 50 plus P and P I will order one.

Cheers
Quigs.

No Quigs, what we have here is the makings of our own comp! All Sharks teams. We can't lose!

We haven't even touched on the genius of Rod Urquhart, the raw brawn of Chris Withall or the nimble darts of Craig Teevan.

Where will it end?

Why are we worrying about an NRL title when we could drag all these legends out and have a Cronulla Sutherland Sharks Premier Competition.

Oh wait

We did that huh?

What ever happened to the Endeavour Cup? Maurie was in that team Quigs. :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
What ever happened to the Endeavour Cup? Maurie was in that team Quigs. :lol:

Yeah and we bloody won it too. Mauries a winner.

They can have their 11 on the trot, we've got the Endeavour maurie Cup.

Boxer Allen..... gee I liked him.

just thinking about that new competition. Would it be fitting to have them play for the Vince Farrar Shield even if Vince is playing for all the teams.

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well Quigs,

The Vince Farrar Rugby League.

There'd have to be the Vince Farrar Shield for the Minor premiers.

The Vince Farrar Cup for the winner.

Of course, there'd need to be the Vince Farrar Plate for the runner up.

MOTM will receive the covetted Vince Farrar Medal.

All winners will geta VFRL ring.

All child fans will get Vince Farrar face masks. Adults will don their Vince Farrar T Shirts.

Vince will become known as a visionary. Both literally and philosophically. He sees all.

There will undoubtedly be a presentation to Boxer Allen for services to the dear departed.

I'm excited.

Latest posts