What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Five Eighth in the Comp?

Best Five Eighth in the Comp?

• Darren Lockeyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Fittler

• Trent Barrett

• Braith Anasta

• Scott Hill

• Mark McLindin

• Total voters

raz

Juniors
Lockyer is the best player in the world both at fullback and five eighth

Pigskin

Juniors
i'm a Broncs supporter and was very dubious about the move of Lockyer to 5/8

but with Joey out of action and increasingly likely to never quite get back to the peak of his powers through age and injury

looking at it objectively, Lockyer is not only the best 5/8 in the world, he is the best player in the world and can probly look forward to a couple of years as such until age and/or injury catch up with him also

footnote - never have been a fan of the "best player in the world" tag really though - how can one compare a halfback to a prop or winger ? they do jobs that will always be poles apart

Oink !

Red Bear

Referee
Hard to chose between Lockeyer and Fittler, Fittler has been the best over the last few years and has the record but age is catching up with him a little. On form, Lockyer.

Tommy Smith

Referee
There's two ways you can judge this:

1) On current form: And in that case it has to be Lockyer.

2) In general, as in whose the best 5/8 at their best (prime) and who's been the best over time: In that case then it's Freddy by the length of the randwick straight. As good as Locky is, i dont think he'll ever be the 5/8 Freddy was at this peak. As a FB he is one of the greatest though.

Red Bear

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
There's two ways you can judge this:

1) On current form: And in that case it has to be Lockyer.

2) In general, as in whose the best 5/8 at their best (prime) and who's been the best over time: In that case then it's Freddy by the length of the randwick straight. As good as Locky is, i dont think he'll ever be the 5/8 Freddy was at this peak. As a FB he is one of the greatest though.
I'd agree with that, and i went with number two(sure, Fittler is one of my favourite players but you know 8) )

Kiwi

First Grade
Lockyer for sure.

He'll go down as the Greatest Fullback to play the game, and probably the Greatest five-eigth aswell. Lockyer will be bigger than fittler.