What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best front row combination in the NRL - Tallis

Special K

Coach
I was watching fox today and Big Gordie threw this label on our two props and said if he was a selector for NSW they would be straight in. I thought this was a massive wrap for Dougie (23) and Snowden (22).

Our club has been very tight lipped on how long they are tied up for but does anyone have any idea on how long we have them on our books? Dougie got locked up until 2011 I think and I think I read we re-signed Kade for another two this year..

I still think they need another hard head to back them up however I think the likes of Nutley, Peek, Thompson and co have really helped their development. Missing out on Poore could turn into a blessing if we can keep these guys for the next 10 years.

I was watching that too K. A big wrap from Gordy. He also went onto say that props don't generally mature until 28 or so. That means these two could be anything. We need to lock them up long term now! The last thing we need is some rich salary cap cheating club to come along and take either one of them.

roboshark

Coach
It is a big call from tallis but the way they have played over last 2 weeks or so its hard to argue. They have basically been our only forwards and have been best on ground most weeks

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Both were thrown in the deep end this year with Ross going down and Norrie/Selmes/Donnelly being sh*t, and not only have they handled it they're been absolutely tearing it up lately. Both get through huge workloads despite very little help most weeks, and neither is even close to their prime yet.

Whatever they're signed up for the Sharks need to throw a few extra years (and dollars) at both of them, they'll probably be the NSW front row soon enough.

Special K

Coach
Kade played 80 minutes last night I read(I missed the game) and if that is true that is incredible.

Inferno

Coach
Abombinable topped the tackle count with 48 and followed it up with the most metres for us with 102.

They are both freaks as far as I'm concerned and signing them both for the next 10 years should be a priority.

Sharp Keys

Juniors
Both Snowden and Douglas will only get better. Infact I can see a lot of promise for the future in this club.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Douglas will play for Aus, Snowden will make City/Country over the next few years...

With a decent coach off course

Surely

Post Whore
I think snowden has surpassed dougie recently, both are very good young props though. They really need some backup though, i thought the manly pack outmuscled them last night.

backdoor

Juniors
I tend to agree.

If not for the efforts of your two front rowers, the Sharks would be lower on the Table.

Inferno

Coach
I think snowden has surpassed dougie recently, both are very good young props though. They really need some backup though, i thought the manly pack outmuscled them last night.

With Toops and Gall there for the full 80 probably would have been a different story Surely.

mortz

i dont think a mentor is needed for these guys, i think a young blood likve vave or verlinden will be better value

SirShire

First Grade
The obvious choice for our best three on paddock yesterday evening, and for the best part of the year for that matter, was these two and Barrett.

Enough has been said about Douglas over the years without it needing to be repeated. He has a huge future ahead, he just missed out on a blue jumper and his game this year has, in my mind, improved significantly. Errors and penalties are on the decrease, the quality of his work is picking up at a very fast rate.

Snowden, he is a mobile and tough prop forward. What we desperately have needed for some time. I like Ross and when I say this I am not referring to how injuries have affected his time at Cronulla, but he isn't half as tough as Snowden. If it is true he played 80 minutes in such a high tempo game last night, then that is unbelievable. I was in awe after the team had defended 4 repeat sets on their own line seeing Snowie charge the ball up from inside his own ten, and then getting ready to do it again one tackle later but for Seu Seu working the shortside.

Snowden has that reckless penalty in him, but all props do. Remember, this combination is not one season old. It will get better. They are sharing the tough work well between themselves.

Recruiting wise, we don't need another 'star' to lead these two. If we could retain Ross for 200k that would be ideal, but another bench prop in the mould of Peek would have been superb. Old head, tough competitor, doesn't shy from work. Perfect foil for these two.

They also need a fit and functioning back row. These two playing with a fully fit Gallen/Toops/Bird would have been superb, but alas it was not to be. I think the fact that both men are playing hurt is certainly a consequence of Gallen's long absence and Toops injury concerns. To recruit another 100+ game backrower would be ideal.

I am optimistic of seeing Aiton work with these two. Enough has been said about Hughes and we know he'll be gone next year, but I don't really rate Seu Seu either. All heart, but he isn't a game breaker. Aiton will thrive on playing behind these two and they will appreciate his crisp service and strong running game. I watched him v the Raiders yesterday and was impressed.

Barrett and Porter are steering them around well. The next step is to get that starting backrow set and formulating a bench that will get us the most out of these two rather than having them to play 10-20 minutes too long.

roopy

Referee
Now you have Snowy fit, put him in the second row and frighten the life out of some centres and wingers - Kade loves that.
I see Rylee Snowden went ok in the schoolboys under 15s for NSWCHS.
His dad says he will be better than Kade - apart from that being an odd thing for a father to say, it's also a big call.

Latest posts