What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Guitar Solo?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You guy's wouldn't know what a guitar solo is :lol: :lol: ;-)

Eruption by Van Halen is recongnised at the best solo of all time.....and the solo that influenced all rock bands from the late 70's to the early 90's.....from Gunners to Metallica...from Satriani to Malmstein they all had Eddie's style....and Eruption was the solo that started it all.

I always loved the solo to the Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, i also loved the solo from Dreams Van Halen, Final Countdown Europe....Surfing with the Aliens Satriani.....and i can play them all! :D :D

Ive heard all those solos mentioned Ron, and whilst i understand the importance of 'eruption' in the evolution of the guitar solo, expecially what it did for one-handed finger-tapping - Zappa's still better ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But Zappa said Eddie Van Halen was the best & " reinvented the guitar" ;-)

Warren De Martini from Ratt was also a great guitarist....more blues lead though.

The guitar solo to beat it is a great solo aswell.....Eddie was the guitarist on that song aswell.

i always like the guitar solo to Estranged by Gunners...brillant.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know about guitar solos, but Zappa was a song writing freak.

"Billy the Mountain" was a classic example.

I still have it on CD in my car.

Red Bear

Referee
Ride the Lightning, Dyers Eve, Blackened, Fade to Black, One-the solo's from those song by Metallica are great.
Some good Living End solo's out there also.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Living End guitarist is one of the best guitarists that I have seen live.

Forget his name, but he is very good.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he makes enough noise for two

he is an incredible guitarist

love the big double bass, as well

ThrashViking

Juniors
Jon Levasseur, Moyses Kolesne, Trey Azagthoth, Anders Bjorler, Jon Nodtveidt, Mike Amott (Not when he's in arch friggin enemy) ,Alexi Laiho & Brian May-I dont have a favourite solo,too many great songs to list.
Best guitarist:Thats easy,Frank Zappa.

Godz Illa

Coach
Chris Cheney is his name, and I can second that opinion Twiz. He and his band are awesome live - one of the best Aussie acts I've seen.

Red Bear

Referee
Chris Cheney is an excellent guitarist, and The Living End are awesome live. Chris goes insane on the guitar when he's live and his studio recordings are damn good also.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Brian May - I want to Break Free is a fav of mine and i also enjoy Steve Harris form Iron Miaden's guitar solos in Fear of the Dark and Cuaght somwhere in time

ThrashViking

Juniors
Steve Harris isnt a guitarist but some of his solos do rule
I forgot Chuck Schuldiner from Death-What a fine guitarist (R.I.P :( )

keeney

First Grade
zappa was a fkn genius as well as a work horse 75 albums in 25 years is indicative of that, man shut up and play your guitar is a terrific album

[furrycat]

Coach
Stevie Rays one at his concert once... he played the guitar solo for 10 minutes behind his back... not one mistake either.

Latest posts