What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best is Yet To Come - John Sutton

Buggee

Juniors
South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth John Sutton says best is yet to come as he reaches game 150
By Christian Nicolussi The Sunday Telegraph July 24, 2011 9:23AM

As he brings up his 150th game on Sunday against the Warriors, Sutton is the first to admit his roller-coaster career has been anything but consistent.

One week Sutton is talked up as a future NSW No. 6, the following week he produces a stinker that has angry Rabbitohs supporters calling for his head.

"Inconsistency has been a big part of my game, not just this season but my whole career," Sutton said.

"I try to be as consistent as possible, but some days it might be a case of me trying too hard. I force passes and kick balls out on the full.

"I really don't know what it is. I can't put my finger on it. I try my best every week. I think my best is still to come.

Watch the Rabbitohs take on the Warriors at ANZ Stadium, live on Fox Sports 2HD from 2pm

"I've had a few injuries, a few shoulder injuries, but I've been injury-free this year and want to finish the season off well and what happens [with a potential finals berth] after that happens. I'll then look forward to knuckling down for another year."

Sutton's laid-back nature can often be misinterpreted as a player who simply doesn't care. That could not be further from the truth.

Sutton, 26, has not touched a drop of alcohol since the start of the year, and while it has done wonders off the field -- he has three-month-old daughter, Pippi Rae -- the on-field benefits are still to be seen.

Many believe a move back to lock is the answer, especially since one of his City Origin games was in the No. 13.

But Sutton is intent to shine at five-eighth however long coach John Lang wants him in the halves, and has even started to form a handy combination on the left edge with superstar centre Greg Inglis.

"The past few weeks I feel I'm trying to find my feet and getting the combinations right with Greg on the left side," Sutton said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...roaches-game-150/story-e6frf3ou-1226100633113

boo_boo

Juniors
Sutto killed it a junior level but he needs to take responsibility for his own questionable performances in the NRL especially when he plays under Maguire.
No more exscuses he has to deliver.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He's been better than Sandow the last few weeks. For the first time in a while I'm optimistic about him. I think under Maguire he might just be able to shine.

Galeforce

Bench
even though his performances have been poor overall this year ,I believe Souths win record is higher when he has played versus not. you would not believe that based on this years performances.