What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best SCG seats?

SirShire

First Grade
I dont go to the cricket all that often, havent been to the SCG since 2000 or around then.

Me and the boys are going to go to the ODI at the SCG, against Pakistan on the 23rd. Where would be the best area to get tickets for, bearing in mind, we want to get shitfaced, be surrounded by other drunks and want to be in a position where we can catch a 6 and heckle Pakistani fielders (particularly Afridi).

Any suggestions?

BTW, we will have reversable MARTO FOR PM/ DIZZY FOR PM shirts :D

Timbo

Staff member
As far as I'm aware wherever the hell you can find tickets for that at this stage would be a major scoop.

The hill (bays 13-22) sounds like your go. Or maybe in the Walters or Messenger stand.

wittyfan

Referee
I like to sit in the concourse of the Brewongle Stand. You get the shade for the whole afternoon.

fish eel

Immortal
Best spot to sit at the SCG?

I dunno.

I used to be able to get in whenever I wanted as a members guest. Two years ago, he got rid of his ticket, old legs and all...he couldnt hack it.

Since then, I generally buy tickets and sit in the brewongle concourse which has been great, apart from the sunburn. For the second final of the vb series though, I'm over at the bottom of the churchill. never sat there.

bazza

Immortal
You don't seem too interested in actually watching the match so a seat on the side in the concorse in front of the O'Reilly stand would suit you best.
The side on view will give you nothing in the way of seeing what the bowler is doing and the afternnon sun will make you look even stupidier in the evening when your face is red with a mixture of low-alcohol beer and sunburn

lolesi

First Grade
This year i sat on the rails right in the middle of the dougie walters stand

awsome seats, and you can see the scoreboard and all the happenings around you, very fun place.

aphelion

Juniors
What Sully said.

You'll be mixing with the yobbos, you can see the pitch and scoreboard with no problem, and you'll be within spitting distance of a bar.

Plus, you'll be in the shade for most of the afternoon.

RICHO

Juniors
There's only single seats are available, so you won't be sitting with your mates if you go.

Whenever I go, I try to get front row of the concourse, anywhere around the ground. Always good for a sledge!

RICHO said:
There's only single seats are available, so you won't be sitting with your mates if you go.

Whenever I go, I try to get front row of the concourse, anywhere around the ground. Always good for a sledge!

When it comesd down to single seat availability only see if you can get them in the Walters Stand then you can always stand with your mates at the back of the stand. Sure you won't be seated but at least you will be with your mates.

If you want to take in your own alcohol and avoid detection this is the best way. 1.25 litre bottle of coke. Syringe out as much coke as you don't need. Syringe in as much spirit as you do need. Then cover the hole with some strong tape and a band aid (make sure the tape is not visible under the band aid) and write your name on it. That way the coppers just think you are taking in a plastic bottle of coke as the seal is not broken and that you have written your name on it as a way of telling your drink and your mates drinks apart. ;-)

RICHO

Juniors
Yeah, now they'll be looking for bits of tape on Coke bottles!!!!!

I heard they are clamping down on people standing up at the SCG. Apparently they want everyone seated. Makes it easier to track people on the security cameras.

RICHO said:
Yeah, now they'll be looking for bits of tape on Coke bottles!!!!!

I heard they are clamping down on people standing up at the SCG. Apparently they want everyone seated. Makes it easier to track people on the security cameras.

Walters Stand they don't care you are basically next to them. There base is the old scoreboard. I stood there for the 4th day of the test last year and the 2nd day this year.

RICHO said:
Fair enough then! Hope it's still the case if that's what you plan on doing!!!!

Nah don't go to the ODI's prefer the tests. Might head across ther tasman though for a test. Probably get a good seat at a test over there.

Macca

Coach
All the concourses are light beer only for one dayers. The Bradman or Browongle is the best unless ofcourse you have members tickets for the MA Noble.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Nah don't go to the ODI's prefer the tests. Might head across ther tasman though for a test. Probably get a good seat at a test over there.

Eden Park is where its at.