What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Call Saul

gUt

Coach
If you're interested in the writers, actors, crew etc there's a good podcast called Better Call Saul Insider. They sit around and congratulate each other on a job well done mainly, but it's still worth a listen. Don't listen before watching tho.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You guys seem to be forgetting that Tuco and Fring were enemies- Fring's long game was always taking down the Cartel and getting revenge for the killing of his best friend (and probable lover) Max, and the guy he hated the most was Hector "Tio" Salamanca (Tuco's uncle). So in that sense Mike getting Tuco put away fits into the bigger puzzle because it puts him at odds with the Salamancas, giving him and Fring a common enemy, which probably partly explains how Mike later comes into Gus's employ.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gus still worked with and maybe for the Salamancas though.

With (in the sense of cooperating with), but not for, really. And it was definitely just a case of Gus sucking it up and playing the long game til he could get square. Which makes Mike and Gus fit even better, because they'd recognise each other as not only having a common enemy but as being the type of people who'd be prepared to swallow their pride and be patient if it mean achieving their goals against them. Gus is definitely more of a sociopath than Mike though, he's an ice cold bastard who'll stop at nothing, Mike is simply an amoral realist who'll do what he has to to survive and get the job done.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
You guys seem to be forgetting that Tuco and Fring were enemies- Fring's long game was always taking down the Cartel and getting revenge for the killing of his best friend (and probable lover) Max, and the guy he hated the most was Hector "Tio" Salamanca (Tuco's uncle). So in that sense Mike getting Tuco put away fits into the bigger puzzle because it puts him at odds with the Salamancas, giving him and Fring a common enemy, which probably partly explains how Mike later comes into Gus's employ.

Bingo! Good call SM. That seems to be the way it's going anyway judging by the latest ep

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hector speaking was weird as shit.

It seemed different to the way he was in the flashback from Breaking Bad.

BB flashback was Hector around other gangsters in tough guy mode- this is a side of him that we haven't had a chance to see yet, I found it pretty riveting! Other than that though a bit too much law firm stuff this episode, though it was all pretty crucial. I keep wondering if Jimmy is going to have bad sex wth Erin at some point :lol:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Latest episode was great as usual.
Looking forward to seeing Chuck getting f**ked up by the adjustments to his files.
Can feel some serious action coming soon.
The opening scene at the border crossing was epic.

Incorrect

Coach
With only 1 ep left in season 2 they're building to a suspenseful finale which I don't reckon is going to tie up too many loose ends. Not going to be fun having to wait another 10 months or so for season 3!!

However it happens that Kim and Jimmy go their separate ways, it ain't going to pretty you wouldn't think.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
So who left the note on Mike's windscreen? That was a cool scene

Given that Nacho used himself as a shield to protect Hector it was obviously him or someone working with him. Maybe a way of bringing in Gus to the storyline? An interesting thing I read on the episode names is that if you take the first letter of every episode name is that it says "FRINGS BACK", which can't be a coincidence with Vince Gilligan.

My god Chuck is such a tool though, easily the most hatable Vince Gilligan character and that is saying something.

Solid finale, not as good as last weeks episode, but I'm glad it didn't just end with Chuck being potentially dead or not, that cliffhanger is way too easy and lazy writing.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Given that Nacho used himself as a shield to protect Hector it was obviously him or someone working with him. Maybe a way of bringing in Gus to the storyline? An interesting thing I read on the episode names is that if you take the first letter of every episode name is that it says "FRINGS BACK", which can't be a coincidence with Vince Gilligan.

My god Chuck is such a tool though, easily the most hatable Vince Gilligan character and that is saying something.

Solid finale, not as good as last weeks episode, but I'm glad it didn't just end with Chuck being potentially dead or not, that cliffhanger is way too easy and lazy writing.

I thought maybe Gus too when I thought about it last night straight after I watched it. In any case, I don't think it can be anyone who's featured in the series so far. So yeah, you're probably right, it way likely a way at introducing Gus to the storyline.

Agree that Chuck is complete prick of a character, well portrayed by Michael McKean who is one of my favourite actors. Jimmy should have had Chuck committed back in season 1!

I hate Chuck more then I hate Todd.

f**king Chuck, electrified prick. I hope Walt Jr. bashes him with his crutches.

I think that note at the end was left by Nacho but I'm hoping it was Gus.

Dude you were right!

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2016/0...creators-confirm-episode-title-hidden-message

Gus confirmed to be in season 3. This makes me happy.