What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biased refs decide the outcome

gUt

Coach
Just kidding, NSW were the better team on the night. Good game, bring on the decider

skeepe

Immortal
Gerard Sutton was immense for NSW. Needs to be there in Brisbane if they have any hope of snatching the series.

cleary89

Coach
Maybe showing my bias but I thought it was a good game. Inglis and Jennings running riot and a bit more open space. Much better than the short 10 and one out shit in game 1.

That said, I was blowing up when they were awarding penalties for the 10 "wtf don't they know this is origin!!!!"

However, on the Inglis no try, he was still in front of the two qld players who touched it so even if they didn't knock it on it's accidental offside.

hellteam

First Grade
Maybe showing my bias but I thought it was a good game. Inglis and Jennings running riot and a bit more open space. Much better than the short 10 and one out shit in game 1.

That said, I was blowing up when they were awarding penalties for the 10 "wtf don't they know this is origin!!!!"

However, on the Inglis no try, he was still in front of the two qld players who touched it so even if they didn't knock it on it's accidental offside.

Yeah, I think it was no try, but should have been Pearce knock on, Morgan didn't knock it forward

cleary89

Coach
I'm 50/50 on it, you see some called, others you don't.

Could have been the first player in rakes it backwards and the second hand on the way down knocked it forward. Yeh didn't properly play at it but they are called played at all the time. But meh, all irrelevant now anyway.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah, I think it was no try, but should have been Pearce knock on, Morgan didn't knock it forward

That's what I thought, it couldn't have been a try as it goes forward off Myles hand Into inglis. Lose carry from Pearce though was should have been ruled to have lost it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That's what I thought, it couldn't have been a try as it goes forward off Myles hand Into inglis. Lose carry from Pearce though was should have been ruled to have lost it.

Inglis was offside anyway, but the thing that annoys me...if he is tackled 1m out we don't go back. The refs are hopeless.

MuTT

Juniors
Wtf when Thurston on got laid out (legally) and Dugan was almost away then Sutton stops play and makes him play the fall 20m back ??? Guess it's irrelevant now but that was a massive dud decision.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

wether he knocked it on forward or back he touched it and GI was 5 metres in front of him facing nsw posts = penalty in front of the sticks - the proper right call

ek999

First Grade
Wtf when Thurston on got laid out (legally) and Dugan was almost away then Sutton stops play and makes him play the fall 20m back ??? Guess it's irrelevant now but that was a massive dud decision.

I thought the previous tackle had been completed

Big Pete

Referee
Credit to the Blues.

Finished on top and were a touch better defensively which was key for them.

Queensland will be desperate for Cronk to return but overall this has been a real positive series for the Blues regardless. Seemed like they'd hand one series back minus Hayne and without any suitable replacements in sight but they've blooded through members of the next generation and their future is beginning to look very rosy.

Sadly the game is going to be remembered for that no try.

Was it a try?

No

Did the video referees get it right?

No.

It was a double knock on for mine. Intent is a very difficult thing to prove and while I personally think Morgan was playing at the footy, I could also see an argument for a loose carry against Pearce (not for the first time either might I add) and given the precedent set last year against Thaiday it should have been ruled a knock on against him.

But that's just my captain hindsight take. To say it determined the result was delusional.

Sure, the passage itself had an affect on the game because it completely deflated the Maroons but that's just life.

Either way, it's good heat heading into Origin III which should hopefully heat up what was a very boring lead up to Origin II.

Credit to the Blues.

Finished on top and were a touch better defensively which was key for them.

Queensland will be desperate for Cronk to return but overall this has been a real positive series for the Blues regardless. Seemed like they'd hand one series back minus Hayne and without any suitable replacements in sight but they've blooded through members of the next generation and their future is beginning to look very rosy.

Sadly the game is going to be remembered for that no try.

Was it a try?

No

Did the video referees get it right?

No.

It was a double knock on for mine. Intent is a very difficult thing to prove and while I personally think Morgan was playing at the footy, I could also see an argument for a loose carry against Pearce (not for the first time either might I add) and given the precedent set last year against Thaiday it should have been ruled a knock on against him.

But that's just my captain hindsight take. To say it determined the result was delusional.

Sure, the passage itself had an affect on the game because it completely deflated the Maroons but that's just life.

Either way, it's good heat heading into Origin III which should hopefully heat up what was a very boring lead up to Origin II.

It should be remembered for a no try alright but that was that no try to Pearce.