What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Ops 2?

GB!

Juniors
couldn't see a thread, might be wrong, please merge if so...

but is anyone playing it yet?
thoughts?

GB!

Juniors
seems to be a lot of xbox gamers on here.... more so than PS3?
never played halo in my life, am i missing out?

i'm more of a zombie fan too in black ops

Someone

Bench
also interested to see how good this game is...i usually always buy but this is a 50/50

azzah72

Bench
this is the best COD game I have played, and i was getting pretty tired of it.

It's pretty great.

MattYg1

Bench
I see the CoD series as a really amazingly tightly made game, great experience - the campaign is paced well and the time is just right, multiplayer is obviously the mainstay and longevity of the series.

But I hate the hype and the size and scale of the popularity of the series because for as well as the games are made they are a symbol of what is wrong with the industry at large.

Black Ops 2 seems interesting to me because i would love to see how they have implemented player choice and branching stories into the usual CoD campaign tropes but I wont be buying it...

Fingers crossed my local video store decide that getting new games is a good idea...

chrisD

Coach
Multiplayer maps are too open, you're forever getting shot in the back or side. There's a sort of kill trading going on, see a red dot on radar, go kill it and in turn get killed by the person who saw your dot. Fixing up the spawns might help it some. Cheap shit abounds but that's normal until you level up and get the perks to resist it. I don't know why games seem to be only 12 players and why there's this matchmaking shit (games still run on dedicated servers, it's not laggy) instead of a proper server lobby. Otherwise it's the best multiplayer of the series. Their campaign still lags behind IW's. No interest in zombies.

chrisD

Coach
I was wrong, spent an hour and can't get into a decent game, just the laggy shitty matchmaking crap. I could load up BO1 and be in a lag free game in 2 seconds, this is console shit.

Y2Eel

First Grade
So many people have issues with this game me included it won't work on my pc but on a basic laptop it just comes up with black screen tried updating drivers and the usual

legend

Coach
Game is pretty good but the graphics seem a bit dodgy to me. I prefer MW2 and 3 over this.

bileduct

Coach
I much prefer the BF series over CoD, but I still play the odd CoD game for mindless shoot em up fun.

Does this new CoD game add anything new to the genre?

GB!

Juniors
I didn't get Black Ops 2 because it keeps freezing on PS3 apparently

this has happened to me a few times!
its crap, cause i always have to just switch my PS3 off without shutting it down properly, then i have to do that auto-restore thing!

Someone

Bench
Multiplayer maps are too open, you're forever getting shot in the back or side. There's a sort of kill trading going on, see a red dot on radar, go kill it and in turn get killed by the person who saw your dot. Fixing up the spawns might help it some. Cheap shit abounds but that's normal until you level up and get the perks to resist it. I don't know why games seem to be only 12 players and why there's this matchmaking shit (games still run on dedicated servers, it's not laggy) instead of a proper server lobby. Otherwise it's the best multiplayer of the series. Their campaign still lags behind IW's. No interest in zombies.

lold. the maps of cod have progressively gotten worse since MW2 mainly because the maps have gotten smaller and tighter and only suits SMGers and assault rifles.

Id kill for a cod game with more open maps. MW3 maps border lined on SWAT type breach and clear. yet the game is meant to be about warfare.

boxhead

First Grade
Lol@ playing an FPS on console

face_palm_by_professornature-d34hy4c.jpg

Briza

Juniors
It's ok

Bought it for my son on his xbox 360, as an avid cod2 clan player back in the day i decided to give it a go.
Of all the COD series since COD2 by fave was black ops, BO2 is good graphics wise but i rate it below BO in multiplayer and campaign wise.

Latest posts