What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green

Iafeta

Referee
He's a good player. But we will undoubtedly lose Ata which I think is typical Warriors short sightedness. He's a better fit than Foran simply because there's no baggage.

JJ

Immortal
He's a good player. But we will undoubtedly lose Ata which I think is typical Warriors short sightedness. He's a better fit than Foran simply because there's no baggage.
Yes, Ata would and should get out immediately, club is going nowhere, but there is still time for him to develop a decent career. Shit even Blair looks serviceable in a decent system

JJ

Immortal
That would be great for Hingano but the club has doubled down on Johnson, and that's ok but as a senior pro and with a Jones there why can't the process develop a half, or indeed anyone?????

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Ata is signed till 2020. He's still very young and will learn a lot off Green & develop nicely if he is willing. The RLWC will have done him some good. Will cover for both halves and get good game time as well I reckon.

JJ

Immortal
Ata should push hard for a release if he knows what's good for him

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Green will be a good fit for the Warriors in the areas Johnson lacks

No superstar but good at what he does, which is mainly a very solid kicking game and a good clubman. His defence can be flimsy at times which is his main weakness, but not unusual in a halve

Very good deal for him, Manly weren't prepared to go past 1 more year, while the Warriors threw a multiyear, good money deal at him

JJ

Immortal
Haha, is Tony the dazzler your source?

Blake my good man, let me give you some advice. Stay far far far away champ. We destroy careers here.
meh, he's 31 and they're giving him good coin on a long term deal - he'd be insane not to grab it - he had his premiership chance at the Storm, now it's about looking after family - seriously big money (IMO) for two long terms deals for old journeymen (him and Blair)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ata is signed till 2020. He's still very young and will learn a lot off Green & develop nicely if he is willing. The RLWC will have done him some good. Will cover for both halves and get good game time as well I reckon.

I can't see any benefit in him hanging around personally

He is at the stage he is ready to go now for NRL footy, but has 2 in front of him for the next 3 seasons. He has showcased his ability in the World Cup extremely well and shown that he is ready now, not in 2021, and I'm sure a lot of clubs would be enquiring

Add to that, while the team was playing garbage last season, a busted player kept getting picked ahead of him, and post match week after week he heard the coach say that the players in reserve grade weren't up to it, then when he did get his crack, the coach continually made the point that there were players out there not up to NRL standard. They then go and chase people to fill the position that opens up for you. Can't see any motivation to stay or desire to be there when you add all that together

BLN2

Juniors
He's been confirmed for 3 seasons. Not sure how I feel. Should make our side better for next season which is good, but 1 season too long potentially and likely mean Ata will piss off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Don't worry about Ata. By the time Green's contract is up we'll have another "next big thing" coming through the pipeline to neglect and eventually release.

JJ

Immortal
I can't see any benefit in him hanging around personally

He is at the stage he is ready to go now for NRL footy, but has 2 in front of him for the next 3 seasons. He has showcased his ability in the World Cup extremely well and shown that he is ready now, not in 2021, and I'm sure a lot of clubs would be enquiring

Add to that, while the team was playing garbage last season, a busted player kept getting picked ahead of him, and post match week after week he heard the coach say that the players in reserve grade weren't up to it, then when he did get his crack, the coach continually made the point that there were players out there not up to NRL standard. They then go and chase people to fill the position that opens up for you. Can't see any motivation to stay or desire to be there when you add all that together
Yeah, but you're talking to someone who thinks the sun shines out of Kearney's arse

everything you say is spot on, the kid needs a run, the team is shit and he should have been given an extended run last year, he won't develop in this set up, so he and his management should do whatever they can to get out

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, but you're talking to someone who thinks the sun shines out of Kearney's arse

everything you say is spot on, the kid needs a run, the team is shit and he should have been given an extended run last year, he won't develop in this set up, so he and his management should do whatever they can to get out

You'd imagine that while they are in camp together, Lolohea would be telling him to get out of dodge as fast as he can too

Latest posts