What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody Xcellent

OVP

Coach
Someone shoot him lol. Cost me 16.6 % of $73 grand. Had the first 4 up, except for him. Stood out Makybe and picked 5 horses each for 2nd, 3rd and 4th for $10. Cant believe On A Jeune was so high priced ... such a good horse ... too good to be $84.

Anyone know who finished 5th ? If it was Railings, Distinction or Eye Popper i think I'll cry lol.

innsaneink

Referee
Leica Falcon, who was stone last upon settling finished fourth with Queensland Derby winner Lachlan River a battling fifth on the rails.

OVP

Coach
innsaneink said:
Leica Falcon, who was stone last upon settling finished fourth with Queensland Derby winner Lachlan River a battling fifth on the rails.

Ta ink ... makes me feel a little better ... didnt have Lachlan River.

MONY

Juniors
compared to the other horses on a jeune, is a nuffy thats why it was priced so high. Hasnt done much leading into and during the spring carnival.

OVP

Coach
MONY said:
compared to the other horses on a jeune, is a nuffy thats why it was priced so high. Hasnt done much leading into and during the spring carnival.

He won a big cup race just before the Melbourne Cup (think it was the Geelong Cup) and finished 4th last year. Not bad for a nuffy :roll:. You sure you follow the horses ?

OVP

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
The fact that Xcellent was paying so much in Aus was laughable. Smacked of bias/arrogance.

Why ? Its very rare for even a favourite to be under $8 in the Melbourne Cup. The fact so many horses were under $10 this year was unbelievable and quite frankly due to so many big betters putting big money on horses they expected to knock the favourite off. $24 for Xcellent in NSW. Thats not a bad price at all, and certainly among punters was one of the top picks to win it. How the hell is that bias or arrogant ? It was one of the top 7 favourites.

After his Caulfield Cup run, i wouldnt have backed him with your money. However to improve so much in 3 weeks is a remarkable effort.

p.s. just checked the final dividends ... only Makybe Diva, Vinnie Roe (god knows why), Eye Popper, Railings, Leica Falcon and Mr Celebrity had shorter odds than Xcellent. 7th favourite actually in a 24 horse field. Arrogance huh ?:roll:

p.p.s you Kiwis sure as sh*t are well-balanced people ... chips on both shoulders.

Cletus

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
The fact that Xcellent was paying so much in Aus was laughable. Smacked of bias/arrogance.

I'm outraged. I'm sure your just pissed of because it paid buggerall for the place on the NZ TAB. That's our fault right?

griffo346

First Grade
wooooooooooohoooooooooo i love the cup hahaha i picked the tri and the diva to win :D:D come in spinner

OVP

Coach
Onan the barbarian said:
I'm outraged. I'm sure your just pissed of because it paid buggerall for the place on the NZ TAB. That's our fault right?

hahah they dont even have flexi-bets or first 4 betting. Anyone seen Deliverance ? Dumb Hicks :lol:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
nah I didn't even back it, but I would've if it was paying more than $2 or whatever for a place:evil: Yall missed out on easy money.

It was paying so much because Kiwi form is unproven. Noone really knew where it stood. It looked good winning over there, but it could have been beating midweek Colac form for all we knew

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yes it does, because anyone with half a clue knows that the standard of racing in NZ is high and numerous NZ horses have succeeded in Australia.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thierry Henry said:

:lol:

Spot the boy who does not understand bookmaking.

Nuffs

Bench
and just on this horse - i think they need to bypass the kiwi events to come over to australia early next autumn/spring. i know that they want to run in the kiwi races for the kiwi public (and pick up group one wins and prizemoney) but this horse could come over next autumn and take the australian cup

JJ

Immortal
Mr Angry said:
:lol:

Spot the boy who does not understand bookmaking.

Indeed - poor form TH... the bookies wouldn't give a toss where he was from, they just want to make money...

Xcellent is a 3yo by birth (4 in horse dates), had not run two miles, and had not run well in Aust (admittedly in the wet which he doesn't handle)...

He's a fine FINE horse, no question about that. I'm so pleased that the Aussie punters have now seen what he can do, and remember the track was officially "dead", which still didn't suit him properly.