What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMoz - 99 not out

Minh

First Grade
He's enjoying better service from his inside men and now demonstrating his freakish finishing abilities once more. The best finisher in the game by a mile.

GT0007

Juniors
Beale and Bmoz are looking better each week.congrats to BMoz for reaching 100. Champion player.

They certainly are. Nice to see Morris with a sideline to work with. Beale showed some power tonight and he is looking sharp on his feet just needs a little space. Last year it took to the game he got injured before he made a good line break and he can eat up the metres. If you noticed when Morris made the break last week for the length of the field try Beale ate him up pretty quick over 30mtrs but dropped off more so when he realised Morris would score, don't think he could stay with him but he's quicker than we realise! Can still be more consistent in D

GT0007

Juniors
He's enjoying better service from his inside men and now demonstrating his freakish finishing abilities once more. The best finisher in the game by a mile.

Even though it's a compliment when a commentator says that I sort of feel its derogative, like thats what he does like a Merit but BMoz creates. Sure he finishes but he just makes something from nothing more often than not

Minh

First Grade
Even though it's a compliment when a commentator says that I sort of feel its derogative, like thats what he does like a Merit but BMoz creates. Sure he finishes but he just makes something from nothing more often than not

Yes, B Moz is way more than a one trick pony. Hit ups from dummy half, if you look carefully he is very strong in defense too- he hits them hard and stops them in their tracks close to the tryline especially and defuses the high ball so well too.....and the finishing, oh boy, talk about making it happen.

GT0007

Juniors
Farrell was probably cheapish, a bit of a punt / depth-signing like most of our purchases.. I didnt like him at souths, and personally I wish they'd spent a bit more and gone someone higher-class instead, because I have mentioned before I see classy centres as what prevents us from scoring points (yes yes I know we started well with points).

But you also need to consider that between Runciman, Beale (international), MataUtai, Farrell and potentially Kyle Stanley, we have a lot of 'maybe centres' in the squad, and Price is assumably hoping 2 of them stand out from the pack.. the same approach they went with in the Forwards.. and perhaps some relatively early success with Cooper being a surprise.

Basically this has been Doust/Price's approach for a few years now, I believe that they dont like taking gambles on big dollar players, the risk if they dont perform or get injured is high... hence they scatter their bets and hope.. and combined with the organic growth principles that "sort of" works, until they clicked last year that they simply had to spend more for quality.. and hence Dugan/Widdop/Thompson.. and thank god we did.. I just wish they had made purchases like this proactively, instead of letting the club descend so hard for 2 straight seasons.

Spot on mate but really I think a premiership tilt has to be planned about 3yrs ahead unless you keep the same roster like Sydney City, Souths, Manly etc. When we won the premiership we had the best roster for a few years and true we had injuries but Bennett walked into a side that could win and he knew it. We clearly have been also raided by Bennett from of handy players, Boyd, Scott, Jeremy Smith and a few up and comers as well as a few retirements and we had a few careers fading.

What we had to do was blood some young guys maybe too early but next year they will come of age and we have Widdop, Thompson, Dugan, Morris, Gypsy, Beale, Merrin, Creagh etc. I don't agree that a club has to decend but in our case it was the path we have had to travel.

I still don't feel Farrell is getting good service but I also feel he's not prepared to put his body on the line. Runciman and Mata'Utai have to demand selection by form in NSW Cup not just because Farrell isn't setting the world on fire. Yes I wish they spent some more money and bought Jennings but I expect these guys to really develop this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Beale and Bmoz are looking better each week.congrats to BMoz for reaching 100. Champion player.

Right words from the right person on this forum

He & Jason Nightingale are the perfect response to the line that wingers are just people who hang around footy players - wouldn't swap them for ANYONE.

friend10

Juniors
How about swap farrell with morris positions. Put Morris at centre tht way he gets more ball. Or put more mattaui in for farrell.

The only time i saw Johnny King was in the Wills Pre Season Cup Final in 1971 as an 8 year old when he scored a couple of tries but the way my Dad spoke about him as the best Saints winger ever in reverent tones was enough for me.

blacklock and Morris best for mine in my lifetime..

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
I'm also on the MataUtai swap for Farrell.
I think if he gets a shot, I bet he would score the points from the word go.
Looks like he's got the aggression

gonz

Juniors
I'm also on the MataUtai swap for Farrell.
I think if he gets a shot, I bet he would score the points from the word go.
Looks like he's got the aggression

Would b a wake call and a jolt from super coach
that regardless how we r traveling that your spot is never safe

GT0007

Juniors
The only time i saw Johnny King was in the Wills Pre Season Cup Final in 1971 as an 8 year old when he scored a couple of tries but the way my Dad spoke about him as the best Saints winger ever in reverent tones was enough for me.

blacklock and Morris best for mine in my lifetime..

You could argue for best in an era King and I was a huge Blacklock fan and what Dragons supporter wasn't. Even allowing for era's, the professionalism, training etc IMO Morris is not only the best Dragons winger but one of the best ever. In his era where he is competing against freakish athletes he still stands above.

Highland Saint

Juniors
As Jeninga said in the 321 thread great to see him in the post match interview saying how much he loves the club. Even if there was a better winger up for grabs I'd rather keep Brett for his loyalty. Luckily he is loyal and the best :)