What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

That's actually a good idea, sets up a bit of a rivalry easts vs wests, magpies vs tigers
It would probably be the first time in history that two local clubs called the Magpies and Tigers joined together on separate occasions in different cities to compete in the same competition.

Maximus

Coach
The 74% claim is misleading which is why they won't requote it.

It was a claim made by Dean Ritchie providing no evidence, and the stat was the first 4 rounds this year vs the first 4 rounds last year.

Also, it was one of the many times wb got caught out posting an article he didn't read/understand.

Matua

Bench

It was a claim made by Dean Ritchie providing no evidence, and the stat was the first 4 rounds this year vs the first 4 rounds last year.

Also, it was one of the many times wb got caught out posting an article he didn't read/understand.
Ah right, the hype train for the Warriors was only beginning at that stage so I'd expect this years first four to show growth.

I see the multi has taken his toys and started another almost similar thread. Bahaha.

Matiunz

Juniors

Can understand that, we were coming off probably our lowest point in history with the covid/Nathan Brown era, we’d just lost a couple of our better performers in Walsh and Lodge, a few players chose to remain in Aus, Rookie coach coming in understandably expectations were rock bottom.
That did a complete 180 in 12 months with our performances last year I’d expect a significant jump

Wb1234

Referee
Seeing the alts have a cry because the warriors ratings are up 74 percent is delicious

ratings for all nrl games in New Zealand are up close to 40 percent

and to think there were dopes on here saying the nz tv deal was going down

guys if you are going to pretend to be a league fan then you need to be happy when the tv ratings are booming not insecure and belittle it

Wb1234

Referee
There’s literally a whole article with direct quotes which I posted

If a poster I like or respected wanted the article I would spend time looking for it

Matua

Bench
Seeing the alts have a cry because the warriors ratings are up 74 percent is delicious

I thought you'd left for good to the new thread created by the one actual alt? We've already explained the 74% it makes perfect sense. And ratings growing for league is great, but in the context of this thread the fact that Super rugby's are also growing (confirmed in the article as coming from Sky too by the way and not the opinion piece of an Aussie writer) kind of nullifies the enjoyment you're having shouldn't it?

You don't have to respect posters to provide sources to back up your claims if you're not just a baseless troll.

Matiunz

Juniors

guys if you are going to pretend to be a league fan then you need to be happy when the tv ratings are booming not insecure and belittle it
lol I still love that your ego can’t cope with multiple people disagreeing with you and calling you out on your bullshit, your coping mechanism being to assume it must just be one person lol it’s the height of paranoia

Maximus

Coach
It takes literally less than a 2 mins to type 74 into the search, change everywhere to this thread, and then scan through the now 36 results that come up for the one that mentions it.

But I understand wb not wanting to repost it when the interaction included him asking for a link to something he himself posted.

Got the link my friend

It's in the article you posted.

docbrown

Coach
Sounds like your demerging a basket case of a club to produce 2 basket cases.
The funny thing is that basically anyone under 34 following the Wests Tigers have no living memory about Balmain or the Magpies. They were too young to attend or watch games. All they know is Wests Tigers. Even 40 year old fans have vague memories at best. Demerging them just creates the same problem all over again.

If Wests ever start winning premierships, all those people will know is the victories under the single Wests Tigers banner.

Wb1234

Referee
lol I still love that your ego can’t cope with multiple people disagreeing with you and calling you out on your bullshit, your coping mechanism being to assume it must just be one person lol it’s the height of paranoia
Disagreeing with what exactly ?

i don’t have to post articles twice for people I think are stupid

I literally posted the links and said wahs ratings up 75 percent ytd

but im sure as a “league fan” you are overjoyed at the boom in ratings

giddy even lmao

I posted it elsewhere on the forum too and me and another poster discussed it

maybe try reading the thread next time before posting

Matiunz

Juniors
The funny thing is that basically anyone under 34 following the Wests Tigers have no living memory about Balmain or the Magpies. They were too young to attend or watch games. All they know is Wests Tigers. Even 40 year old fans have vague memories at best. Demerging them just creates the same problem all over again.

If Wests ever start winning premierships, all those people will know is the victories under the single Wests Tigers banner.
Even the decade prior to their merger neither team really had much success either

Matiunz

Juniors
Disagreeing with what exactly ?

i don’t have to post articles twice for people I think are stupid

I literally posted the links and said wahs ratings up 75 percent ytd

but im sure as a “league fan” you are overjoyed at the boom in ratings

giddy even lmao

I posted it elsewhere on the forum too and me and another poster discussed it

maybe try reading the thread next time before posting
Stupidity is being unable to cope with multiple people disagreeing with you on a number of topics that you have to pretend it’s the same person.
As for not reading threads you had to ask another poster to link a comment you didn’t remember posting in the first place lol

Wb1234

Referee
Stupidity is being unable to cope with multiple people disagreeing with you on a number of topics that you have to pretend it’s the same person.
As for not reading threads you had to ask another poster to link a comment you didn’t remember posting in the first place lol
I’ll repeat again what have you got to say about the boom in tv ratings ?

you were crying like a baby you didn’t have the info now you do try and make an intelligent comment about it

Matiunz

Juniors

you were crying like a baby you didn’t have the info now you do try and make an intelligent comment about it
I did comment on it- I thought you read the threads?
Its easy enough to find- I don’t repost for dopes I don’t respect ;)

Matiunz

Juniors

Don’t want to derail this thread any further and to be honest I stayed a lurker on this site without posting for a while because it tends to descend into a pissing contest and name calling when people have differing opinions.
To clarify my stance for you once again;
I am happy to see the Warriors do well, after years of copping it for supporting “those losers” it’s great to see them getting some positive exposure. My reservation is can this success be sustained? I’ve seen similar false dawns many times in the past that whilst enjoying the ride I am cautiously hoping it can last.
NZ2 I’d love to see I just wanna see it done right and not be a basket case, outside of Auckland the Game needs to do ALOT of work to get up to scratch, more than most Australians realise.
I am able to enjoy both codes as well as a number of other sports, there’s easily room for it and I just don’t see the point in hating on one over another. I can definitely admit Union is not doing itself any favours in terms of over complicating rules and diminishing the sport as a spectacle, however despite increasing disillusionment it’s still well and truely king in NZ culturally and it would take a lot of work for that to change that.
Media in NZ is struggling state broadcasters are cutting news programs for example Sky is struggling financially and yes NZ2 will likely get them to fork out a bit more they don’t have much to give, with no competitor bids it will be interesting to see what they bid- highly doubt it will double.