What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board & CEO Accountability

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
How can we effect change at the Board and CEO level?

How can we hold them accountable for their actions?

Do we have a good legal general counsel who is a saints die-hard?

Fact - We have no leadership in the back office. None, Nil.

Without this leadership we are all exhausting ourselves following a club that is facing death by a thousand cuts.

The club has no money, the JV is a mess, the Board are not forward thinking, in job protectionist mode and display arrogance and disdain for their fans. The club ignores any smart outsider, the club drives outsiders out if they come in and speak up, the club signs yes men, the club cannot commercialize our brand and extract monetary value and competitive TPA's.

The club mis-manages contracts. Why not sign Bennet for 5 years, why not have an option on Packer after taking all the risk, why leave a talent like Bird unsigned, why not sign Dugan earlier (our only Australian international), why re-sign useless players like Marketo.

Everybody focuses and talks short term - sign him, lose him, blood him. No one single signing will fix the issue - hunt alone cannot fix the loss of 2 internationals and the fact no youngsters are truly getting set to play NRL for 2018.

Why? Because we don't have leaders who are accountable and who think long term and create a strategic plan to success.

They lacked the courage to even wait until year end on signing McGregor. Why re-sign him mid season - what compelling advantage was there in re-signing a tier 2 level coach mid-season?

Why doesn't the Board explain that disgraceful short term knee jerk action to the fans?

Fact is this joint venture is in a viscous death spiral and mark my words - if we don't somehow find a way to change out tthe Board and CEO....we will be the next North Sydney.

Any oldie on here remembers their crusty old arrogant and untouchable in-bred Board. When they tried to change it was too late, way too late.

It's beginning to look a lot like North Sydney...... in every department...

Last edited:

WardyRedV

Juniors
How old is Doust?? The man can't live forever. Seems death is the only thing that will end his tenure.

How can we effect change at the Board and CEO level?

How can we hold them accountable for their actions?

Do we have a good legal general counsel who is a saints die-hard?

Fact - We have no leadership in the back office. None, Nil.

Without this leadership we are all exhausting ourselves following a club that is facing death by a thousand cuts.

The club has no money, the JV is a mess, the Board are not forward thinking, in job protectionist mode and display arrogance and disdain for their fans. The club ignores any smart outsider, the club drives outsiders out if they come in and speak up, the club signs yes men, the club cannot commercialize our brand and extract monetary value and competitive TPA's.

The club mis-manages contracts. Why not sign Bennet for 5 years, why not have an option on Packer after taking all the risk, why leave a talent like Bird unsigned, why not sign Dugan earlier (our only Australian international), why re-sign useless players like Marketo.

Everybody focuses and talks short term - sign him, lose him, blood him. No one single signing will fix the issue - hunt alone cannot fix the loss of 2 internationals and the fact no youngsters are truly getting set to play NRL for 2018.

Why? Because we don't have leaders who are accountable and who think long term and create a strategic plan to success.

They lacked the courage to even wait until year end on signing McGregor. Why re-sign him mid season - what compelling advantage was there in re-signing a tier 2 level coach mid-season?

Why doesn't the Board explain that disgraceful short term knee jerk action to the fans?

Fact is this joint venture is in a viscous death spiral and mark my words - if we don't somehow find a way to change out tthe Board and CEO....we will be the next North Sydney.

Any oldie on here remembers their crusty old arrogant and untouchable in-bred Board. When they tried to change it was too late, way too late.

It's beginning to look a lot like North Sydney...... in every department...

The simple fact is, there's not enough true supporters to effect change. There's only a few of us on this forum, the rest are phony f#*kers ambivalent, for example, to Mary's extension. Mickeymouse and Crush even celebrated this move. On a proportionate basis, there'd be even less true support found outside this forum.

Like Kings Cross junkies, most people just want the adrenalin of the odd win streak. Celebrating the undefeated March or 3rd in May. But it's all superficial, like wallpaper covering cracked foundations.

What's worse than the board are the phoney fans.

And your post will be deleted soon enough.

Objective View

Life's Good

Coach
The simple fact is, there's not enough true supporters to effect change. There's only a few of us on this forum, the rest are phony f#*kers ambivalent, for example, to Mary's extension. Mickeymouse and Crush even celebrated this move. On a proportionate basis, there'd be even less true support found outside this forum.

Like Kings Cross junkies, most people just want the adrenalin of the odd win streak. Celebrating the undefeated March or 3rd in May. But it's all superficial, like wallpaper covering cracked foundations.

Objective View

What are you doing here??? You should be out celebrating a great win by your new team, Melbourne??

MilanDragon

Juniors

Objective View

For someone that apparently could no longer support this club and vowed not to come back you had a pretty change of mind. Which is fine - it's actually a pretty fun forum!

For you to question people on here being true in their support is pretty rough and very unfair. None of them have in the last two weeks stated they will stop supporting the club, if anything your less loyal than them.

If you think having a certain view on here is 'true support' then you're kidding yourself, you would actually need to get off the keyboard to be what you classify as a real supporter - but most of us 'fake' supporters don't have time outside of our every day jobs to go do the work required, hell I don't even live in Sydney! Guess I'm not a real supporter then?

By supporting the team this year and saying it looks like Mary had improved and maybe we were turning around is actuslly about a perspective, nothing to do with being real supporters or not. I support the team and would've liked Mary's extension to have been decided upon later but can see where the club came from.

In saying that I still can't see how this board is in charge and we truly do need to effect change at board/management level to actually have a profitable club that will be around for many more years to come.

Objective View
Your arrogance has no bounds does it.

Doust is running the club into the ground the same thing Millward did for years at the Steelers and the same yes men allowed him to do it without saying a word blowing smoke up his arse at every oppurtunity.

These so called board members are they blind do they not see the fans have had enough or do they honestly don't care aslong as they hold a position of power.

How often do you see in other sports coaches get sacked and honestly for alot less some with better results.

The Dragons once was considered a proud club with history now is just another medicore club with no real aspirations for success.

possm

Coach

Objective View

There should be 'football Club Membership' and an AGM each year in which half of the Board Membership is elected by the members. Let the board be accountable in this way.

I think I'm right in saying the Football Club Board is appointed by the Leagues Club Board which in itself is very difficult to change. Many on the Leagues Club Board hold more than 1 paid position within the Club. The old boys club at work with factional trade offs - you vote for my boy or my friend along with so and so and I'll cast my vote in the way you have asked. No Club membership vote required.

hazzbeen

Bench
Doust is running the club into the ground the same thing Millward did for years at the Steelers and the same yes men allowed him to do it without saying a word blowing smoke up his arse at every oppurtunity.

These so called board members are they blind do they not see the fans have had enough or do they honestly don't care aslong as they hold a position of power.

How often do you see in other sports coaches get sacked and honestly for alot less some with better results.

The Dragons once was considered a proud club with history now is just another medicore club with no real aspirations for success.
Coast again it comes back to this Boys Club attitude . Need a complete sweep through the Football Club . To many ex players , all looking after each other . IMO we need outside influence or we are just wasting years with this lot .

Old Timer

Coach

Objective View
OV
The bus stopped in the Gong by the look of it and I for one am glad you got off. Your usual detractors are lining up and of course have managed to read into your post exactly what they think you said rather than what you actually said or implied.
I believe you are quite correct that their are not enough true supporters either inside here or in the greater fan base to effect any change whatsoever.
By true supporters I take it that you imply those that are fully aware of the skullduggery and nepotism that takes place and is encouraged from within. Also the propensity for the club to make alarmingly bad decisions in light of clear evidence to the contrary. True supporters as you call them will not be changed in their opinion by fleeting moments of success & they will stick the course and still demand the change they see as necessary even if we win the comp.
Many supporters will be critical for a while but a modicum of success and they waiver in their conviction and then turn on those professing change is still required.
Of course much of the angst comes when people start throwing the "your negative" comment around and of course a few latch onto that and it starts to run like a pack and others decide to join in.
OV I don't agree with everything you post but I firmly believe that you have followed the Dragons as a loyal supporter and want the change for the club to survive and have ongoing success. I agree with you that if it doesn't happen we are doomed and that day will not be that far away.
Hover I don't really think anyone that follows the red v is a phoney fan. I do believe there are those fans that believe that the club is correct in all it does and have blind faith in it when we have little to no success and then herald its praises when we have any success at all and in turn they push back against people who see brighter future and a better way of doing things.
The re-signing of Mc Gregor dreaded by some, applauded by others is now exposed for exactly what it is.
A bad and premature decision that cannot be justified in any reasonable manner by any reasonable person.
The team is now being exposed for what it truly is "quite ordinary" and the good teams will streak away at the business end of the season.
We will keep our heads stuck in the sand and people in here will argue forever as to what is right and what is wrong and that is just the way of it.
IMO opinion if you cheer the team on, you are indeed a true supporter however if you cheer the administration of the club in what they do again IMO you are deluded and have no idea as to how a business should be run.
The thought that continual losses may have altered the decision re Mc Fookknuckle being re-appointed we will never know but regardless of continuing losses he will stay as will Doust and the others and IMO this is the very essence of why you are so dogged in your posts.
PS: I nearly tripped over your dummy so be careful where you spit it next time.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
It is so obvious what needs to be fixed.

How we do these guys in leadership roles sleep at night? They are so arrogant it is sad.

They should step aside. Be real men.

Crush

Coach

Objective View
Hey mate! Welcome back!
Where is the straight shooter sign off though?