What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolters ?

TRANSLATION

Juniors
My Bolters for the Squad are Justin Poore for the forwards and Michael Howell.

I think Howell can cement a spot as the lock. If he is fit and ready to go, you will see a quality player in the making.

Ball Skills, Fast. Strong, and has brains.

Poore is a year or so away, but if given a chance, will be hard to toss.

i hope Corey Payne and Edwin asotasi can make the grade in 04 as well.

G

gorilla

Well, I wouldn't call Sims a bolter exactly but I expect this guy could become something special.
Every time I see him play (and apart from the odd over-enthusiastic error) he impresses me. He hits like a 22- 24 yr old and he's only 18. Runs strong and straight and seems tough.
One to watch.

Magilla

Anonymous

Juniors
I expect a big year from Sims and Creagh.
Out of the newcomers its anyone's guess. Corey Payne and Nick Youngquest perhaps.

Benny

First Grade
I expect huge things from Creagh and Sims

I think Poore will press hard for the 4th prop spot behind Ryles, Bailey and Sims but i am not a huge fan of Howell and actually believe he will struggle to hold down a starting spot in First Division. He may suprise me and while a handy player and solid i don't rate him that highly and rate backrowers such as Timmins, Long, Thompson, Kite, Perenara, Riddell and Young well ahead of him at this stage with some new signings and young players also putting presure on (i can't comment on these players till i see them play)

A young player who i epect some solid performances from and will put pressure on the outside backs is the young winger from St George Flegg side Etu Uesalie (excuse the spelling)

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Benny said:
I expect huge things from Creagh and Sims

I think Poore will press hard for the 4th prop spot behind Ryles, Bailey and Sims but i am not a huge fan of Howell and actually believe he will struggle to hold down a starting spot in First Division. He may suprise me and while a handy player and solid i don't rate him that highly and rate backrowers such as Timmins, Long, Thompson, Kite, Perenara, Riddell and Young well ahead of him at this stage with some new signings and young players also putting presure on (i can't comment on these players till i see them play)

A young player who i epect some solid performances from and will put pressure on the outside backs is the young winger from St George Flegg side Etu Uesalie (excuse the spelling)

Little ETU. Is a Carbon copy of Matt Utai. Both play the same way. Both are the same build. Looks good.
Re M Howell, It's not D Howell LOL. M Howell has all the attributes. Had he not got that injury he would of been a Regular in the Lock Position.

To me perenara, is either not playing his natural game, or he is just not up to handling it in first grade.

Keep watch on M Howell Benny. Im Sure he will surprise you.

His only downfall is, there are so many backrowers/locks. He needs to take his chance with open arms and play outstanding. In a winning team as well.

Benny

First Grade
I'll keep a watch and i thought before the injury he was on the cusp of being a great player for us

In First Division he is great and i am not sure if it was due to injury and limited preparation but last year he seemed abit slow, pace of First Grade was bit too fast and abit to physical for him. Whether this was due to injury and not enough time to prepare physically i cannot say but i'll keep an eye on him this year.

Collateral

Coach
I can tell you that John Olzard isnt a player to put out of the picture either.
He has stated on the Dragons website that he can play 2nd Row, Centre or Winger so there is some good utility value there.

He used to be a very solid all rounder in cricket so he must have good reflexes and eye co-ordination.

For Wests in First division last year he ripped us apart and scored a heaps of points both tries and goals on both occasions we played them.
For South Sydney the year before he scored a try against us on the wing.

Apparently he has been a bit of a standout at training enthusiasm and commitment wise along with Luke Bailey, Tony Jensen and Stacey Katu.
I was very happy that we signed him and think that he could make a good solid first grade winger or bench utility.

Another 2 players I think could be very handy for Saints this year are Tony Jensen and Willie Leyshon.

I havent seen a lot of Jensen except for one match where he scored a try and ran down another player....he was impressive in that game coming off the bench. A fitness freak is a good thing to have in the fowards, especially one as good as Tony.

Leyshon is a fantastic player when fit and really hits hard in defense and attack. I really hope he has an injury free year because if he does, then he is my Number 1 bolter.

Latest posts