What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boring?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Just had a few mates return from England yesterday.
Spoke to a few & asked why they were back early as they were there to watch the ashes series.
Basically too much grog & 3 weeks is too long for the old buggers now.
Generally happy with the trip had a great time at the matches. Regular NRL patrons they said they have never been to games with so much atmosphere. But they didn't go to last years GF.
General consensus was that they were disappointed in the Ozzies approach to the game & thought they were very boring. High point for them was the effort & standard of the pommes & most could not understand how they lost either game.
One of them, an ex-Kangaroo, was scathing in his assessment of the Aussie game plan.
Still have about 5 mates going to the third tonight.

millersnose

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Just had a few mates return from England yesterday.
Spoke to a few & asked why they were back early as they were there to watch the ashes series.
Basically too much grog & 3 weeks is too long for the old buggers now.
Generally happy with the trip had a great time at the matches. Regular NRL patrons they said they have never been to games with so much atmosphere. But they didn't go to last years GF.
General consensus was that they were disappointed in the Ozzies approach to the game & thought they were very boring. High point for them was the effort & standard of the pommes & most could not understand how they lost either game.
One of them, an ex-Kangaroo, was scathing in his assessment of the Aussie game plan.
Still have about 5 mates going to the third tonight.

well i guess i would be shocked if mates of yours had anything positive to say about the aussies

by the way the poms lost because they didnt score as many points as the australians

Any one winning NRL premiership can't win playing boring football.

Unlike the English Ugly Runion Team winning the world cup.

Why don't the English fans go home, and watch something really exciting like watching grass grow?

Thank heavens I'm a Rugby League fan.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
In all fairness, I thought the pomms had a crack tonight.

But it is still yawnion, kick & clap, close enough is good enough.

& boring teams do win GF's. I am sure there was a Warren Ryan team slipped through the system somehow. Andersons 95 team also.
But I overall I agree.
Negative styles that restrict talent to satisfy the "percentage" mentatlity, win far less, than flambouyant styles re-inforced by discipline.

cheese

Bench
Jeez ....What a scoop..

Reefys alco mates were bored in england .........better call up the herald and get this one on the back page.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ohh right, good one einstein. Bored in England.
Actually they had a great time.
Just have enough cash to be able to buy another ticket & get back for the yawnion final.
They are on the pizz again tonight at the game.

Fair lifestyle acheived through hard work that would be beyond most "alcos"

Jimbo

Immortal
If I was going to trek halfway around the world to see three games of international footy, I would stay to see three games. Especially when the first two went right down to the wire.

But then again, I also think three years should mean three years...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
They would have stayed if they thought the third was neccesary.
Instead some prefferred to see the union final over a dead rubber.

Jimbo

Immortal
Fair enough. Typical of Anderson and Kimmorley to ruin somebody's holiday like that, eh?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well actually, they were hoping it would go that way.
Nothing was ruined. They had/having a great three weeks.
The ones still over there, same.

ghoti

Bench
Once again your topic name has absolutely nothing to do with the actual topic...which I wouldn't call a 'topic' per se, as to call it a topic would be an insult to actual topics. You might as well name your next topic 'Rubber Duckies Smoke Cannabis Causing a Mass Camel Strike.' It'd cut down the rate of teenage pregnancy AND food poisoning by a little over 50%.

^^^^^

Just about the funniest post I have read here in a long time.

I actually snorted, Max..

Someone call the fireies.. BTR just got smoked.