What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Grose

WiresGaz

Juniors
Rumour has it that Penrith are signing Brent Grose off us (Warrington Wolves), anyone else heard anything about this? I was told a few months ago that he was off back to Australia but only found out today about which club. What do you guys think of him? Hes been great for us the last couple of years, hes probably our most dangerous and consistent player

WiresGaz

Juniors
Savage Panther said:
what position does he play?

Hes a centre or winger.

Im not 100% certain hes signing for u guys, the only thing i definatley know is that he is going back to Australia.

Heres his profile anyway

Brent Grose
Squad No 3
Position Centre
Nickname Grosey
Height 1.85m
Weight 96kg
Age 24
Signed 2002
Previous Club South Sydney
A strong defensive centre with a knack of picking off interceptions, Grose was an instant hit on his arrival at Warrington in 2003, scoring 15 tries in his debut season for the Wolves. Dubbed the "find of the season" by coach Paul Cullen, Grose converted from wing to centre and created many more tries for players outside him. A Cronulla junior who was the Sharks "Rookie of the Year" in 2001, he joined South Sydney Rabbitohs on their return to the NRL the following season, finishing as their leading scorer before signing for the Wolves. With good pace and upper body strength, Grose is adept at beating defenders one on one close to the line.

Big Mick

Referee
i would love to have him at teh club as a replacement to Ryan Girdler. but i don't think it'll happen.

I'd love a 3. Grose, 4. Franze centre combination.

choc_soldier

Coach
I read over the weekend that we only have $60,000 left under our salary cap.

Now, if that's true, there's a big chance we wouldn't be able to afford him. But if he did come for that money, he would be a bargain buy. ;-)

SP

Bench
i hope it is true, we need another center to keep lewis on the wing

*Sandy*

First Grade
That might be a bit of wishful thinking there SP. It would have to be a hard task to move Lewis from Centre posi now and if that happens then we will have some damn fine centres playing for us.

Munky

Coach
Lewis should only stay in the centres if eh is willing to tackle again. Since doing his shoulder in SOO3 he hasn't been able to tackle at all. Having Amos outside of him made it worse.

SP

Bench
I have never been a fan of Luke L in the centers, i just think he isnt as effective as he was on the wing