What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bret Hart shoot video calls Triple H over-rated

Eelementary

Post Whore

I can?t say I agree with any of this, it makes for an interesting conversation though because most people will agree with you.

I don?t think his mic work was underrated at all; it was nothing short of abysmal. Yes he improved as the years went on but look at his promos leading into summerslam 97, the sad thing is they were some of his better one?s and they were garbage.

You have a point with his charisma, he was super over in the first half of the nineties but he wasn?t robust enough to move with the times.

This may be the most controversial of what I say but I don?t agree with the carrying everybody to great matches stuff either. Who exactly did he carry to a good match that a multitude of others haven?t done as well? Diesel at rumble and survivor series 95 comes to mind but HBK and Undertaker had some decent matches with him as well.

I agree with you, mate.

Although people will argue my opinion is moot because Triple H is my favourite wrestler, so....

Iafeta

Referee
Stunning Steve Austin, Flex Kavana, Jack Foley, Mean Mark, Doomsday, Terror Risin etc. weren't exactly rocking the industry when they were working Indies either.

There's a lot of Indy talent that fade very quickly out of the top promotions as well BP.

Big Pete

Referee
There's a lot of Indy talent that fade very quickly out of the top promotions as well BP.

Naturally, but in most cases in wrestling it isn't so much throwing back old names at the top that drives business - it's bringing in fresh new faces and personalities for fans to sink their teeth into.

The stigma of Indy wrestling is dying. It certainly existed a few years back, even as far as 2008 but it's becoming the norm to see these IWC heroes pushed into prominent positions on the card and treated as a priority when it comes to recruitment.

Iafeta

Referee
...Which, TNA has largely done. Look at their main event scene - Hardy, ok yes he's WWE but he's got a fairly unique style and he isn't past it, Styles home grown, Roode home grown, Aries from ROH I believe, James Storm home grown, Christopher Daniels was there from the start. Angle has been there but has a top record and was over, Anderson has flittered in and out of the main event and never held the limelight, Bubba Ray has generally been upper midcard (although I think right now he deserves more)... RVD, Chavo, and the likes, they seem to be down the card mostly.

No doubt there's a lot of Hogan and Sting on the show, but they're clearing out of the main event mostly to let the others take the limelight. That said, Hogan and Sting would still bring in good revenue to the joint.

Iafeta

Referee
A WWE made midcarder won't draw a f**king nickle. I'd take a top independent draw over them anyday.

Joe, Punk, Dragon and Nigel are hardly no names. Aries, Black and Davey were the level below that. The Briscoe Brothers and Kings of Wrestling are the top tag teams of recent history. Necro and Moxley were draws, promising wrestlers outside of ROH.

I'm sorry but that's a impressive roster, headlined by the second biggest fulltime draw in wrestling. Even the WWE eventually worked that out.

Pickings are thin at the moment but you can still sign the Briscoe Brothers. Steen's got the most singles drawing potential and Callihan is the best worker. That beats the pants off A&8's or Chavo, Jordan, Anderson, or gut check. Even stale workers like Morgan, Pope, Hernandez.

You do know what gut check is, right? I would have thought indy wrestlers in America would have been happy to see the Gut Check program and to see some of their own get some time on national television at the least, if not get on a national promotions roster.

Jordan - are you talking about Orlando Jordan? You know he hasn't been there for 2 years right? In other news you may not be aware of yet, HBK has retired and Bret Hart made up with the WWE to have a brief stint back there again.

Big Pete

Referee
...Which, TNA has largely done. Look at their main event scene - Hardy, ok yes he's WWE but he's got a fairly unique style and he isn't past it, Styles home grown, Roode home grown, Aries from ROH I believe, James Storm home grown, Christopher Daniels was there from the start. Angle has been there but has a top record and was over, Anderson has flittered in and out of the main event and never held the limelight, Bubba Ray has generally been upper midcard (although I think right now he deserves more)... RVD, Chavo, and the likes, they seem to be down the card mostly.

No doubt there's a lot of Hogan and Sting on the show, but they're clearing out of the main event mostly to let the others take the limelight. That said, Hogan and Sting would still bring in good revenue to the joint.

They've improved but their recruitment isn't at the level it should be.

Take gut check for example. Good concept, let down by bad choices. A lot of the guys aren't even names on the Indy scene and haven't meant anything since the late 90s.

WYD

Juniors

I would have signed Jeff Hardy as well, he has alot of loyal fans and was on his way to becoming the first real post Cena draw before a combination of WWE dropping the ball and Jeff shooting himself in the foot.

WYD

Juniors
You do know what gut check is, right? I would have thought indy wrestlers in America would have been happy to see the Gut Check program and to see some of their own get some time on national television at the least, if not get on a national promotions roster.
You don't get it, I don't give two shits about the majority of indy workers. I was talking about talented people who have drawn at that level. They're good whether they're in the WWE, TNA, Indies or Japan. How many relevant wrestlers have been on gut check?

Jordan - are you talking about Orlando Jordan? You know he hasn't been there for 2 years right? In other news you may not be aware of yet, HBK has retired and Bret Hart made up with the WWE to have a brief stint back there again.
We're talking recruitment, how is what you were doing 2 years ago not relevant.

Iafeta

Referee
You're joking right? How is what they did 2-3 years ago relevant at all to what they're doing now? Do you realistically think they'd sign Orlando Jordan now? You're kidding yourself. I'd seen some long bows drawn on this forum, but that takes the cake.