What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bret Stewart >Josh Dugan & Hayne

mikail-eagle

Bench
Raiders & Eels fans have been having a dig at stewart ever since he was found not guilty for what ever it was that he was charged with.

So I Thought it was better to have a thread on its own :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Let's wait and see what he's like when he gets back to an eagles team with new... dare I say much crappier halves. He'll have to play extremely well if he wants his origin jersey back, because hayne and dugan are freaks and rightly ahead of him at this point. Good luck to him, ihe will need it and if he can out play those two its only good news for the blues

Special K

Coach
Stewart - his speed after two knee recos = just a gimpy looking spastic. So no he isn't better than hayne or dugan

grandorient

Bench
On past performances, Stewart is far and above Dugan or Hayne.

Next year though, Stewart will again have to prove himself, after a years layoff. I have no doubt that it will ideed take some months for him to come good, but come good, I believe he will. In the past he was all class.

Expect Stewart and Gasnier to return to the Blues in one of the Origin matches next year.

GO

eagles4eva

First Grade
handful of games in two years, two knee reco's I would just be happy to see him have a strong pre season and play 2011 out before thinking about rep footy...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Stewart's been off the field with injury so long I can't remember how good he is. I'm a huge Dugan fan and think he will be a great in a few years time but not now. Hayne at his best is the best but his best is rarely seen.

So in conclusion, though I think he's the biggest tool in the game Slater is better than them all.

clipser

Juniors
Let's wait and see what he's like when he gets back to an eagles team with new... dare I say much crappier halves. He'll have to play extremely well if he wants his origin jersey back, because hayne and dugan are freaks and rightly ahead of him at this point. Good luck to him, ihe will need it and if he can out play those two its only good news for the blues

Good post. :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
haha,

Bozo is still a selector.

Snake will be number 1 for NSW.

Hayne can play elsewhere, Dugan has not.

Without_a_Spoon

Juniors

There have been games where our halves have been injured in 2008 and he virtually became our playmaker from the back. A game against Parramatta I believe at Brookie stands out?

Usain Bolt

Bench
after watching his interview i'd be surprised if he doesn't have a mental breakdown before the start of next season

DeeJ

Bench
There have been games where our halves have been injured in 2008 and he virtually became our playmaker from the back. A game against Parramatta I believe at Brookie stands out?

That was something I was looking forward to seeing again this year - his playmaking abilities would be needed with two young halves at Manly. I guess next year we will get to see him shine in this capacity.

Paullyboy

Coach
I didn't realise people were having a go at Brett Stewart. I despise the Manly club, but I've always had a lot of time for Brett Stewart.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Who cares, each of the 4 fullbacks are great when at their best. I'm sure each of the 4 clubs wouldn't swap their fullbacks for anyone either because they have become heroes to their respective fans. It is so petty arguing over this.

woodgers

Bench
I didn't realise people were having a go at Brett Stewart. I despise the Manly club, but I've always had a lot of time for Brett Stewart.

Agree.

I also thought that his biggest fan might have spelt his name correctly too!

sarahk

Juniors
Who cares, each of the 4 fullbacks are great when at their best. I'm sure each of the 4 clubs wouldn't swap their fullbacks for anyone either because they have become heroes to their respective fans. It is so petty arguing over this.

How dare you say something intelligent on this forum?

I wouldn't swap Hayne for either Dugan or Stewart.

Eels Dude

Coach
If I were a Manly fan I'd just be hoping that Brett Stewart can come back onto the paddock and be injury free. You'd have to expect a player will take at least a season to get back to playing their best footy after having 2 major injuries like Stewart's had. Hayne and Dugan have stood up in the time Stewart's been absent and he's going to have to do something special and hope those two play badly next year to be any chance of a rep jumper. Even Gidley would be ahead of him in the pecking order.