What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett to roosters

footy watch

Juniors
Before Brett signs with the roosters for his 600k per year, hope he never forgets who stood by him through all his court cases and seasons out with knee injuries. He was paid a hell of a lot of money for playing a handful of games over 3 years. Don't be greedy Brett, pull your
head in and get on with the job.

eozsmiles

Bench
Before Brett signs with the roosters for his 600k per year, hope he never forgets who stood by him through all his court cases and seasons out with knee injuries. He was paid a hell of a lot of money for playing a handful of games over 3 years. Don't be greedy Brett, pull your
head in and get on with the job.

But those court cases cost him hundreds of thousands of bucks. In the short career of a footballer he has to try to get some back. There won't be any media career for him.

If he really wanted to help Manly and could get the cash he'd go to french rugby or something. But if the Chooks give him that much money to stay in Sydney he can't knock it back.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Hard to see what the Rorters see in Stewart that they don't already have in Mini. Stewart isn't the player he once was.

eozsmiles

Bench
Hard to see what the Rorters see in Stewart that they don't already have in Mini. Stewart isn't the player he once was.

He'd be 10 yards quicker over 100 and 5 yards quicker over the first 40 for a start.
But he's got dodgy knees and a chip on his shoulder.

^_^

Juniors
Yeh but his ball skills and defense are still top notch...look at Manlys tries in the last 2 games, pretty sure he had a hand in them all and scored one. He still has good pace and personally i think he fits in really well in the Manly backline.

Skreepe

Juniors
lol, bitter Manly fans are already inflating his salary.

It went up 50k in about 10 posts.

Rothfield school of reporting.

firechild

First Grade
lol, bitter Manly fans are already inflating his salary.

It went up 50k in about 10 posts.

Rothfield school of reporting.

Brett won't get $600k no matter where he goes (unless he wants his career to fade into nothingness at 50uff$ or ESL). Realistically he'll be looking at $400-450k.

Chook Norris

First Grade

watch Mini play nowadays. You'll notice he adds absolutely nothing to the teams attack and stiffles every play attempting to be a playmaker.

jbl31649

Juniors
Stewarts lost his pace. I wouldnt be throwing up 400k let alone 650.

He'll get it back. Matt Bowen perfect example of someone who had terrible legs problems. 2-3 years later back to very good pace. It just takes longer as you get older to recover from injuries and get back to speed.

Not so worried now we have a long term half, but would prefer him to stay.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
If they pinch Stewart, we still have Farrar. Perhaps pick up Mini on a 1 year deal just to make sure Farrar is back ok from his knee. Otherwise, Penrith have 2 fullbacks and neither wants to play wing.

I'd prefer to see Stewart stick it out with us. But if he goes, then so be it.

eozsmiles

Bench
If they pinch Stewart, we still have Farrar. Perhaps pick up Mini on a 1 year deal just to make sure Farrar is back ok from his knee. Otherwise, Penrith have 2 fullbacks and neither wants to play wing.

Young Hoppa is represented by one of the up and coming agencies. Sounds like they are pretty good at what they do and get plenty for their clients, both in cash and terms.

There was also talk that Hoppa could move in with Steve Kearney when he arrives at Parra.

Gotta remember that he signed this deal 2 years out and with many pending changes in the game. I reckon he'd have a few clauses.

Don't be surprised if Hoppa has a get out clause similar to that of Foran if Kearney gets necked.

zombie jesus

Staff member

I agree with this.

fred95

Juniors

Stewart was always a top fullback and still is, Mini was also a top fullback but has'nt been one for years. I doubt the Manly club will offer Mini a contract if they lose Stewart;

Sameagle

Juniors
if snake goes..wouldn't mind seeing make a play for michael gordon even those he's injury cursed like brett,can see him slotting in nicely at the back if snake goes

zombie jesus

Staff member
Whatever money we save if Stewart was to leave I doubt we'd have enough to get someone like Gordon. Keep what we've got first and wait for Gutherson to mature I'd say.