What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on the BULLGRUBS

Redvpassion

Juniors
Only issue for me is our right and left edge players. Dogs have slightly better advantage and speed than what dragons do. Apart than that, we can match them.

Go the dragons. 2001 all over again. No one gave us a chance either.

Morotti

Juniors
Always a tough game.

The first time we played them they were under strength but I think that was one of our best performances. Defensively we were way too good for them.

But I think a lot of the team are playing with injury and are lucky to be getting on the field at the moment.

We need our defence to hold up for a little bit and not give away cheap points. And in our first attacking foray against them we need to come up with the goods. Too many teams back their defence against us as we struggle with points.

I hope Gareth plays.

hazzbeen

Bench
Always a tough game.

The first time we played them they were under strength but I think that was one of our best performances. Defensively we were way too good for them.

But I think a lot of the team are playing with injury and are lucky to be getting on the field at the moment.

We need our defence to hold up for a little bit and not give away cheap points. And in our first attacking foray against them we need to come up with the goods. Too many teams back their defence against us as we struggle with points.

I hope Gareth plays.

We need a good kicking game and play the game down their end....

Morotti

Juniors
We need to do a lot of things right. But if we pull it together it can be done.

And at least we are finally back in the 8 after many years in the wilderness.

I might even make the trek to ANZ.

saint06

Juniors
Hazzbeen is right. Kicking game is a big key. We need to keep the ball in the field of play and move their big forwards around.

I hope our D is a lot better than what it was on Saturday night.

blacksafake

First Grade
Plenty of dummy half running from the outside backs as well as a good kicking game to tire them out.I'd be kicking to Perrett all night & the occasional bomb to B moz & smash him.With the exception of the last 15 min against the tigers the defence wasn't too bad.

Elias1983

Coach
For me....Plain and simple, we have to stop their forwards.

We have to be up in their face from the opening whistle and aggressive, and we can't just do it for 10 mins either.

Our line speed and first contact this week has to be the best it has ever been for us to a have sniff.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
For me....Plain and simple, we have to stop their forwards.

We have to be up in their face from the opening whistle and aggressive, and we can't just do it for 10 mins either.

Our line speed and first contact this week has to be the best it has ever been for us to a have sniff.

All of the above and Ben Creagh needs to be a little agro for a change
not just with his defence but with his captaincy...hes soft in this department, unfortunately being Mr nice captain gets you know where particularly when you play teams like The Dogs

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Saints will be playing against 15 on the field as they fear the Dogs. Especially after Bad Friday incident and Des rants. It is going to be tough.

As a ref if it comes to the dying minutes and a tough call needs to be made against the Dogs do you honestly believe they will go against the Dogs and risk copping abuse? Where as against the Saints they can just apologies the next day and all is forgiven. No bad press, game does not get tarnished, they will say a bad call was made and be done with it. They are a protected spiecies. The refs copped abuse for a correct call against Souths.

My point is Saints have to really play well to win. This compressed defense is a huge issue as looking at the game on Saturday from the stands, all the opposition need to do is spread it wide and they are more or less gifted a try. It looked so bloody obvious even blind Freddy would have picked it. All Saints need to do is fix that as well as discipline and they are fine.

As we saw on Sat AGAIN attack is not the issue it is defense. Too many soft tries. When Saints are in the 20 they often get a good result. At 30-8 the attack was great unfortunately they took the foot off the pedal. The field goal attempt at 30-8 was a bad bad sign. From then it went pear shape. YOu would think that they can rely on their defense to win the game from that far out and it nearly didn't.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
1.Dugan
2. Flo
3. Aitken
4. Matatuia
5. Nabuli
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Ah Mau
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Friz
12. Thompson
13. Merrin

14. JDB
15. Creagh
16. Le'Strange
17. Rose

I'm hoping this line up. Baring Farrell, its our most experienced line-up (7 premiership winners), and we are going to need it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The backline consists of 3 players that have not been in a finals game out of 5. Pretty scary. They will be very nervous. It will be a great experience for them to carry into next season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
1.Dugan
2. Flo
3. Aitken
4. Matatuia
5. Nabuli
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Ah Mau
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Friz
12. Thompson
13. Merrin

14. JDB
15. Creagh
16. Le'Strange
17. Rose

I'm hoping this line up. Baring Farrell, its our most experienced line-up (7 premiership winners), and we are going to need it.

I agree with Le Strange we need good quick service from dummy half with the occasional dart....also if he plays then Rein can go flat out for the time that he's on

to_ddeath

Coach
Rose wouldn't be much help in this, we need sustained minutes from all involved.
His 10 minutes means someone else will have to clock in double time. Big risk v Dogs pack.

T.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Is it possible we get to knock Cronulla out? How effing good would that be?

No the only way we play Cronulla is if both teams keep winning and we meet them in the GF

Now wouldn't that be a game :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Latest posts