What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 think WA is a certainty

BDGS

Bench
yeah, but he also thinks his own bid is a certainty.

Shows you what type of person he is.

clarency

Juniors
By the way things are unfolding, Brisbane2 is surpassing CCB.

That's after me saying the bears were a certainty earlier, and that the Brisbane2 bid is far too late.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going to be an interesting morning for the expansion debate with teh Brsibane 2 press conference. As long as the league sticks with one heartland, one expansion idea then we will be ok and it will be Brisbane v Bears for the 2nd spot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As much as I applaud what the Bears have achieved I can see that a 2nd Brisbane team would be a preferable option for the NRL and TV.

Perth Red

Post Whore
tbh all 3 main bid contenders offer unique attributes and value, going to be a hard decision who to leave out and may well come down to who the TV company will pay most to have in and who the existing clubs are least unhappy about

Reds = New fanbase, change perception of National game, TV viewing time options
Bears= Reconnect with a lost part of games heritage, strong fanbase
Brisbane2=Capital city TV viewing, best RL stadium, financial powerhouse

Tough decision

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah but he also thinks his own bid is a certainty. Shows you how he is like.
A successful man who gets want he wants???

Davo, does not enter into stuff that fails. He has not Spoken to Wayne, Big Mal on the other hand has frequent flyer miles at his office.

BDGS

Bench
tbh all 3 main bid contenders offer unique attributes and value, going to be a hard decision who to leave out and may well come down to who the TV company will pay most to have in and who the existing clubs are least unhappy about

Reds = New fanbase, change perception of National game, TV viewing time options
Bears= Reconnect with a lost part of games heritage, strong fanbase
Brisbane2=Capital city TV viewing, best RL stadium, financial powerhouse

Tough decision

I really don't see how they are more of an financial powerhouse then WA or the Central Coast. Just sounds like a repeated myth to me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Based on the credentials of the people running the bid. I am sure as the chairman of the thoroughbreds he has enormous corporate contacts to draw upon.

Scarves

Juniors
Could all 3 be accepted? Why not?

If the Sharks fold, yep all three could be accepted. If the Sharks remain viable then WA will be in and Qld will have another Brisbane team.

The league wants Central Coast representation but it simply doesn't offer the TV mileage that another Brisbane team can. TV is what pays the bills, not half baked nostalgia. The Bears bid is being left behind by a a South East Qld juggernaught.

clarency

Juniors
The CQld bid is frankly ridiculous. They have nowhere near the supporter numbers required to support the team, and are heavily overshadowed by the much, much, much more viable alternative bids.

They have a QLDCup side, which is exactly what the area is suited for. Asking to join the NRL is greedy.