What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos fans sink to new low.

innsaneink

Referee
While we're all used to the crap the comes from the Bulldogs and their fans, and while hardly anything surprises most people anymore, I thought the disgraceful display by the Broncos fans yesterday was somewhat new and innovative.
While the majority of teams fans will applaud their own AND opposition teams players that are forced to leave the field due to injury, the Broncos faithful decided that while Steve Turner was being carted off on a medi-cab- they'd boo the house down.
Now I know they weren't booing Turner for holding up the game becoz he had to be helped from the field, they were just being selfish and childish while blindly ignoring the fact that yesterdays "14" man scenario and the one at Campbelltown were two completely different cases.
I just wonder what Turner was thinking, I'd lay odds on he thought the boo's and jeers were directed at him.
Broncos fans......you suck!

skeepe

Immortal
I didn't see it but if that's true it's absolutely disgraceful. It's one thing to boo a player who's being sent off... that's expected (ie. Greg Bird Saturday night). But when a player goes down injured... well that's just despicable.

Then again, the Broncos have always been a law unto themselves, haven't they. We need look no further than Super League to realise that.

FLO

Juniors
innsaneink said:
While we're all used to the crap the comes from the Bulldogs and their fans, and while hardly anything surprises most people anymore, I thought the disgraceful display by the Broncos fans yesterday was somewhat new and innovative.
While the majority of teams fans will applaud their own AND opposition teams players that are forced to leave the field due to injury, the Broncos faithful decided that while Steve Turner was being carted off on a medi-cab- they'd boo the house down.
Now I know they weren't booing Turner for holding up the game becoz he had to be helped from the field, they were just being selfish and childish while blindly ignoring the fact that yesterdays "14" man scenario and the one at Campbelltown were two completely different cases.
I just wonder what Turner was thinking, I'd lay odds on he thought the boo's and jeers were directed at him.

The new rebeca wilson?

I don't see a problem with it, I think most people would do the same.

I'm sure Turner had more things to worry about than that.

DIEHARD

----
I thought the Broncos fans were great. They clapped him off the field and cheered. Whatever you are talking about, well I didn't see one ounce of bad sportsmanship in my half of the stadium. I was infact impressed.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Nothing comes close to that element of the bulldogs supporters that are little better then scum.

The ultimate example of their moronic behaviour was the during minutes silence for Matt Rogers mum a few seasons back. The bulldogs scum are by far the worst.

Kiwi

First Grade
For starters they were booing the 14th man on the field, and show me where it says in the rule book that 14 is ok aslong as time is called off? What happens if the Storm decide to try and play the ball before the medicab is off the field and the ref lets them?

We can't have commonsense be used for once instance even though by the rule book it is illegal and not used for another incident. It's either change the rule, use commonsense for all cases or apply the SAME rule for all.

russ13

First Grade
It was not Turner they were booing it was an interchange official who ran on to the field to assist.

Btw Turner is local Brisbane boy.

JW

Coach
Brisbane fans had a good humoured boo at Hoffman coming on the field too early.

If you didnt notice, Steve Turner was actuallu clapped off when he reached the sideline.

For you to compare this to the small group of Bulldogs 'fans' who have tarnished the game's repuatation through pure thuggery is rediculous.

Have a sense if humour.

As was pointed out, Turner is a local product, as are alot of the Melbourne players.

In my opinion, someone is either dirty that Melbourne lost, or this may be another Rebecca Wilson.

All in my opinion.

Cheers.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah I saw the game and they were booing at Hoffman coming onto the field, as the '14th player' while Steve Turner was still was in the medicab.

They gave clapped off Turner when he came off, and why not.

But the fans have to got to realise that Hoffman coming onto the field, was different to last week's incident with PArker in the Tigers game.

Hoffman didnt come on and score a try straight away and not only that play was stopped when he came onto the field to wait for Turner to come off, and if Melbourne won they wouldntve had the two points taken off them.

richie8u

Juniors
It was not Turner they were booing it was an interchange official who ran on to the field to assist.

Btw Turner is local Brisbane boy.

Steve Turner is a Penrith boy

Kaz

junior
innsaneink said:

I would lay odds on the fact he was thinking, I hope this is not a season ending injury.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope its not a season ending injury for Turner, he is such a good player with good speed, and a lot of talent. :cry:

Kingytek

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Nothing comes close to that element of the bulldogs supporters that are little better then scum.

The ultimate example of their moronic behaviour was the during minutes silence for Matt Rogers mum a few seasons back. The bulldogs scum are by far the worst.

Please, get over the bulldogs. I've told u about this in another thread. What part of this thread said anything about the bulldogs?
Get a clue!

innsaneink said:
Broncos fans sink to new low

FLO

Juniors
Kingytek said:
Gunna Matter said:

Please, get over the bulldogs. I've told u about this in another thread. What part of this thread said anything about the bulldogs?
Get a clue!

innsaneink said:
Broncos fans sink to new low

The original post mentions them in the very first sentence. It's the Bronco haters that are reaching new depths. Not happy with hating teams for legitimate reasons,you have to compare Brisbane with the bulldogs and then say "What part of this thread said anything about the bulldogs"
There is a low life fan element in rugby league but it isn't in Brisbane.

Paullyboy

Coach
Get over yourself insaneink, people are way too ready to start bagging anything lately. I thought what they did was fair enough.

innsaneink

Referee
As I mentioned in my origiunal post, but most people seem to have overlooked.......
...........I realised they were booing the 14th man on the field etc...but it happened at the same time as when Turner was coming off.
Watching on TV, you couldnt hear the applause for Turner that now is clear did occur.....maybe all the booing drowned it out.
Good to hear not ALL Broncos fans are arseholes.

Oh and Flo?...lemmee guess....you were one of the many booing??? :roll: