What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos fans sink to new low.

Razor

Coach
Kiwi said:
For starters they were booing the 14th man on the field, and show me where it says in the rule book that 14 is ok aslong as time is called off? What happens if the Storm decide to try and play the ball before the medicab is off the field and the ref lets them?

The rules don't allow play to be underway whilst there is a player on a medi-cab or stretcher.

Broncos fans aren't known for their intelligence, I think they showed that quite clearly yesterday by thinking yesterdays actions were the same as the week before. If that's the case then the Broncos should have their 2000 premiership stripped, because during the year they got down for an interchange breach but only a fine, not 2 pts, because it didn't have a major impact on the match. Yesterday had no impact, but I know Broncos fans think that Hoffman had a major impact on the game whilst Turner was still on the field, I can't seem to find that impact though.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:
Kiwi said:
For starters they were booing the 14th man on the field, and show me where it says in the rule book that 14 is ok aslong as time is called off? What happens if the Storm decide to try and play the ball before the medicab is off the field and the ref lets them?

The rules don't allow play to be underway whilst there is a player on a medi-cab or stretcher.

Broncos fans aren't known for their intelligence, I think they showed that quite clearly yesterday by thinking yesterdays actions were the same as the week before. If that's the case then the Broncos should have their 2000 premiership stripped, because during the year they got down for an interchange breach but only a fine, not 2 pts, because it didn't have a major impact on the match. Yesterday had no impact, but I know Broncos fans think that Hoffman had a major impact on the game whilst Turner was still on the field, I can't seem to find that impact though.

Hark at you Mr Intelligence. :lol: :twisted:

The Broncos fans booed because 14 players were on the field.

As the rules state only 13 players are allowed on the field at the one time.

There is no rule that the interchange ref can send them on, whenever he feels like it.

JW

Coach
Fair dinkum.

To me the booing is just good humoured banter.

Turner was clapped off.

Big deal.

I really dont care that Melbourne had 14 on, it was all good for a laugh - this is getting rediculous in my opinion.

Cheers.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Kingytek said:
Gunna Matter said:
Nothing comes close to that element of the bulldogs supporters that are little better then scum.

The ultimate example of their moronic behaviour was the during minutes silence for Matt Rogers mum a few seasons back. The bulldogs scum are by far the worst.

Please, get over the bulldogs. I've told u about this in another thread. What part of this thread said anything about the bulldogs?
Get a clue!

innsaneink said:
Broncos fans sink to new low

I agree with that ...Bulldogs fans have been disgracefull in the past respecting one minutes silence.

Fans of the Roosters? What did you think of them during one minutes silence before the game against your mob?

I was actually quite suprised. They showed respect for a change!

miccle

Bench
When the 14th man came on, we were booing LOUDLY!! But you do realise that Turner was totally stationary then, right? get your facts straight. As soon as that medicab started moving, EVERYONE in that entire stadium including myself clapped him off.

Insanneink, I know you've been waiting for something like this to jump on, but get over yourself. Broncos fans only show respect for injured footballers. Period.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
russ13 said:
It was not Turner they were booing it was an interchange official who ran on to the field to assist.

Btw Turner is local Brisbane boy.

I have to agree, we (Storm supporters) knew straight away why the fans were booing.

Now I have another point that many of you Brisbane/Queenslanders seem to forget, Smith, Turner, Slater and many others are NOT brisbane boys.

They are all in fact MELBOURNE MEN, we are however willing to loan them to you for State of Origin. ;-)

The reason is Steve Turner could not walk off the ground. while webkce could off!!!.

Hoffman was ok to be put on the field because Steve Turner was not touching the field

The third ref did give him the ok to come on from the distance while Corey Parker walked stright on without permission!!!.

Did Storm score a Try? no!!!.

That boo was disgraceful

Kiwi

First Grade
chemicalbrother said:
The reason is Steve Turner could not walk off the ground. while webkce could off!!!.

Hoffman was ok to be put on the field because Steve Turner was not touching the field

The third ref did give him the ok to come on from the distance while Corey Parker walked stright on without permission!!!.

That boo was disgraceful

The Broncos website reports that there were 14 players on the field for 3 seconds.

Turner was just injured not felled by an illegal tackle. It can be debated both way, commonsense says both teams shouldn't be penalised.

You have to be dead set kiding about the hoffman not touching the field, not even gonna debate this with an idiot who has that deluded view.

Kiwi said:
chemicalbrother said:

That boo was disgraceful

The Broncos website reports that there were 14 players on the field for 3 seconds.

Turner was just injured not felled by an illegal tackle. It can be debated both way, commonsense says both teams shouldn't be penalised.

You have to be dead set kiding about the hoffman not touching the field, not even gonna debate this with an idiot who has that deluded view.

3 seconds? WTF??? Steve Turner did not have any part of hes body on the field when Hoffman came on!!!!.

Corey Parker went on the field when he was not allowed to because of Ref saying so and Hoffman did because Ref allowed him on. SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!.

Corey Parker Score the Try while he(Webkce) was on!!!.

Shifty

Juniors
Good on the Broncos fans for letting the NRL know how they feel, I'm sure Turner knew what the reaction was for.

Gorden Tallis said the referee didn't want the Storm replacement to come on the field, but Tallis insisted that the game was stopped and he should come on. The referee relented and the crowd let him have it. I'm not a big fan of some of Tallis' behaviour on the field, but that's tops. :clap: :lol:

Kingytek

Juniors
Shifty said:
Good on the Broncos fans for letting the NRL know how they feel, I'm sure Turner knew what the reaction was for.

Gorden Tallis said the referee didn't want the Storm replacement to come on the field, but Tallis insisted that the game was stopped and he should come on. The referee relented and the crowd let him have it. I'm not a big fan of some of Tallis' behaviour on the field, but that's tops. :clap: :lol:

If thats true, then good on him!!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I heard the Bronocs fans clapping when Turner was coming off. I didn't hear booing except for the 14th man bit (which, i will add, is bollocks).

miccle

Bench
Look doing all the booing was just a bit of fun, and our way of showing our opinion. Think of it what you will, it sure as hell doesn't bother me.

Just as long as you all know that after that particular booing and gee-up, myself and all broncos fans applauded the injured player, as any good sport does!