What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
From what I have read, there's some trolls perpetuating the rumour - albeit with very amateurishly written, make believe press releases.

One quoted Andrew Gee apparently congratulating himself on his team management skills - and one of the reasons Barba was apparently signing with the club.

We need to put this rumour in the "when I see it I believe it" category.

unbreaK

Juniors
Pretty sure he said $1m over 4 years. If he meant otherwise then so be it... but that isn't waht he wrote.

I know what he wrote, but I also know what he meant :p

I'd say 800k-$1m a year is the likely sum of money we'll have to pay to acquire his services.

Big Pete

Referee
Daz - That would be FaithInHook, a gimmick poster with a very suspect background. The other sources really have no reason to lie and are usually reliable.

I agree that you should be weary. There's nothing worse than when a fanbase blows a rumour out of proportion and then gets shitty when it doesn't pan out.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Daz - That would be FaithInHook, a gimmick poster with a very suspect background. The other sources really have no reason to lie and are usually reliable.

I agree that you should be weary. There's nothing worse than when a fanbase blows a rumour out of proportion and then gets shitty when it doesn't pan out.

Always be wary of footy rumors, as you're just setting yourself up for disappointment, but I vouch for my source who has been right before. I'm thinking that their testimony plus the reports from The Mole and RLW is the double confirmation we need to say comfortably that we have Barba next year.

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Barba is a marquee player, he'll bring people through the gates and help with marketing. also given our serious lack of "superstars" if we have to pay 1 mill for him it may be worth it if he can even recreate 70% of his form from last year

Also saw a report somewhere that the broncos arent interested in shillington which is good news

but as with all these things i'll believe it at the press conference

Maroon4life

Juniors
Very good player with atleast 10 years left in him, so it will be a great signing. But he's not going to win us a premiership, we still have bigger problems in our 6, 7 & 9 that need to be addressed.

Dazzat

First Grade
Before he made his first grade debut, I believe Barba played No. 6 for the Bulldog's Under 20s and was top tryscorer, and possibly the voted the best player in the competition.

Obviously, because of his defensive lapses he's been put back to No. 1, but as is the tradition at the Broncos, perhaps this No. 1 could work on his defence and become a top rung No. 6 in the future?

Bretto

Bench
He's a natural Five Eighth, but I'd like to see him play a season or two for us at Fullback, ala Lockyer, seeing as though we desperately need a Fullback anyway. The kid has years ahead of him. If we can garner a new Five Eighth, play Hunt at Halfback (and play him there for a full season, not just 1 game then drop him when he doesn't light the world on fire), our team next year is suddenly looking a lot healthier.

1. Barba
6. ??
7. Hunt
9. Macca?

Tera

Juniors
Cowboys have apparently signed Hezron Murgha so that fills their fullback role.. Looks more and more likely.

Kaiden

Juniors
He's a natural Five Eighth, but I'd like to see him play a season or two for us at Fullback, ala Lockyer, seeing as though we desperately need a Fullback anyway. The kid has years ahead of him. If we can garner a new Five Eighth, play Hunt at Halfback (and play him there for a full season, not just 1 game then drop him when he doesn't light the world on fire), our team next year is suddenly looking a lot healthier.

1. Barba
6. ??
7. Hunt
9. Macca?

We could replace him with Baptiste (what is his kicking and defensive game like?) then put Granville at 14.

I know it's a bit early but what about Ashley Taylor at 6.? We might not have an experienced spine next year, but the chemistry of the spine could increase dramatically by 2015.

Also, surely Corey Oates is close to getting a bench spot for the team!

Dazzat

First Grade
Closer than you may expect.

Courier Mail had a paragraph today mentioning he was one good performance away from being selected.

Not being a watcher of U20s, what type of player is Oates? Hard runner? Hard tackler? Offloads?

RUFFRUGGEDNRAW

Juniors
i rate barba but thats a horrible buy you have an internation fullback in hoffman just sitting on the wing hes much better then barba

ggmu

Juniors
i rate barba but thats a horrible buy you have an internation fullback in hoffman just sitting on the wing hes much better then barba

Have u watched much of the Broncos? Hoffman was a good fullback but he is a great winger. Barba has better ball playing skills so he would be a great option at fullback for Brisbane.

Kiwi

First Grade
A nice little scenario. We sign Barba, Yow Yeh can return to the wing and our back three suddenly looks like the best back three in the comp once more. Unlikely but wouldn't it be a sight.

Kaiden

Juniors
Not being a watcher of U20s, what type of player is Oates? Hard runner? Hard tackler? Offloads?

Watched him play in Round 6 V. Cowboys.
He scored two tries in the first half off of flat balls into gaps. That's when I started to like the look of him.

Latest posts