What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

Tiger05

First Grade
I know it is early days but how good does he look. He just looks a class above any option we have had at 7 in years. He reads the play well and has a great passing and kicking game. He will get run over when he is defending but geez he is putting his body on the line as well.

Great to see when he was sent off that the crowd gave him a massive wrap.

I thought he was our best last night. Yes the forwards were unbelievable and they gave him space however he was quality.

super_coach

First Grade
Just good having a number seven that actually directs the team for the first time in living memory. No more nothing cross field runs,fluffy blind side raids every second play. Okay the forwards deserve a big rap, but with Farah playing a no9 role and Brooks playing a no7 role, we look like a quality football team

macnaz

Staff member
He was left to play his own game which was great to see . He has plenty of ticker as well :)

Bench
He may well be the deciding factor in re-signing Teddy,we have some real good juniors coming through,hope they all stay together.

super_coach

First Grade
Luke Brooks is playing well but I think the media need to pull back and stop the Andrew Johns comparisons. He has played 4 games. Take it slow.

Check out the cover of the new RLW if you doubt the hype, "once in a generation": https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...02325688.23881.110919635615955&type=1&theater

So right--I surprised the club have not put a media ban on him just to try and take a little pressure off him. On the other hand all the media stuff is great for the club,sponsors and potential sponsors . So far he seems okay with it, but I would like him to be off limits for six months and let him learn his trade at this level

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
I hope he gives away the chip and chase... hasnt been a good option for anyone in years.. he tries it every game and just ends up giving possession over in the middle of the tackle count. Otherwise, awesome young player!

bjm8

Juniors
I hope he gives away the chip and chase... hasnt been a good option for anyone in years.. he tries it every game and just ends up giving possession over in the middle of the tackle count. Otherwise, awesome young player!

That chip & chase for Tedesco against the Titans was ordinary.

gronkathon

First Grade
In the right field position it is fine.

Putting it as an option in defenders minds all helps ask more questions then they can process efficiently in the long run

BrotherJim05

Bench
Nah i'm a massive fan of the chip and chase. When it pays off its just so awesome to watch.

Has anyone else noticed that Brook's kicks just confuse the shit out of defenders? It almost looks like he goes to kick in one direction but screws up and it goes the other way. Even his bombs look like they are going up in one direction then accidentally start coming back in field and it completely muddles the defending fullback.
Obviously he is doing all this on purpose which is why I think it is 100% totally badass.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I don't want to see any of Brooks' natural instincts stifled. The chip and chase is fine with me. He's already shown me enough in 4 first grade games to suggest he can balance out his creativity with good structured play (with minimal brain explosions along the way).

N.C.

Juniors
Come on guys... I mean it's not like he's Benji Marshall or anything. Most of his chip kicks are even somewhere within the realm of regatherable...

BuffaloRules

Coach
I think Brooks had a mixed game tonight.

I thought he would have got more involved with Anasta off the field.

A couple of poor kicks in general play.

Blew a try that would have wrapped it up much sooner when he was too slow passing the ball to an unmarked Richards allowing the defender to knock the pass down.

Defence looks improved though.

Last edited:
Brooks was poor in attack but he impressed in defence with a few big hits. I admire his courage. Hopefully his decision-making improves as the season progresses.