What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bubble Time

Chimp

Bench
Given we’ve just seen Souths lose Cook for 2 games after contracting Covid, I reckon we should be thinking about going into a club imposed bubble until our Premiership celebrations begin.
It would be awful to lose a key player and potentially ruin our chance for the big games due to covid.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The that stings for South’s is the 6 day turnaround to miss two games.

so maybe NRL needs to ensure 7 day turnarounds so players don’t sit out 2 games.

I don’t think bubble is a bad idea but doubt they do it. They’ll likely just ask players to be sensible.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The NRL may do it to protect their own interests.

I think it will may too late to ensure 7 day turnarounds as stadium contracts, TV contracts, speaking contracts, catering contracts, entertainment contracts, blah, blah, blah are probably in place and we all know the big end of town runs the game.

The other thing is that 7 days iso doesn't mean you will be fit to play which is different to allowed to play. If you get crook as rookwood you might be missing 2 games anyway

So yeah, BUBBLE UP voluntarily

Chimp, it would be interesting to hear how C-19 is being managed for the public in the Old Dart

King Ben

Juniors
Need to take a page out of the NFL's book and conveniently stop testing once the playoffs start.

Chimp

Bench
Let it run free.
@Frenzy. - this is pretty much the approach being taken over here now.

There’s mo masks anywhere - I had to have an MRI on my neck (issues from my playing days) on Friday, didn’t even have to mask up in hospital.

Also, there’s no need to isolate even if you are proven to have Covid - you can go about your business as normal. They’ve actually stopped all testing now for the general public - you can’t get RAT or PCR tests now, it’s just being treat the same as any other flu.
Essentially, life is back to normal from a COVID perspective - it’s just everything else that is farked - nearly all major public services going on strikes, major ‘cost of living’ crisis, largely due to energy prices - price cap (government set limit for energy prices) just raised this month by 80% (after a similar rise earlier in the year), and predicted to double again in Jan…
Worrying times over here for a lot of people, those on low incomes are gonna be goosed, those on middle incomes are also now going to be poor, even those who are quite healthily above national average wage are going to go from being ‘comfortable’ to having to watch every penny.

Latest posts