What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bud News

Illusion

Bench
From the Telegraph, so believe it or not:

Jayden Sullivan signs 4 year deal with Wests Tigers

dailytelegraph.com.au

NRL Market Watch: Jayden Sullivan signs with Wests Tigers on $2.2m four-year deal.

He had no shortage of suitors, and now unwanted Dragons star Jayden Sullivan has found a new home for 2023, after being given permission to look elsewhere.

Released two weeks ago by incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan, Sullivan settled on the Tigers after talks with coach Benji Marshall and recruitment boss Scott Fulton on Saturday.

He needs to pass a medical examination before the contract is registered with the NRL.

Despite picking up Sullivan, the Tigers are still going ahead with the signing of veteran halfback Aidan Sezer from the UK Super League.

The 22-year-old Sullivan, who had another two years remaining on his deal with St George Illawarra, is seen as the long-term halfback option following Luke Brooks’ decision to join Manly.

After weeks of speculation over the relationship between Marshall and Fulton, the pair have finally come together over the unwanted Dragon.

Sullivan, who is understood to have also met with Newcastle officials this week, will officially link up with the Tigers in October. His four-year deal is aligned with the club’s other recent long-term signings in brothers Latu and Samuela Fainu. His exit is also likely to pave the way for fellow Dragons youngster Talatau Amone, who enters the final year of his contract next season, to partner Ben Hunt in the halves next year.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday at 9:29 PM

Paddles

Juniors
Patient and gracious? How many release requests?
Two. After signing in 2020 with the promise of opportunity and development as half which hasn’t been honoured due to the ineptitude of McGregor, stupidity of Griffin and immaturity of Hunt.

So yeah, I reckon pretty patient from Bud, completely inept mismanagement by the club over a long period, and a poor outcome for fans.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Two. After signing in 2020 with the promise of opportunity and development as half which hasn’t been honoured due to the ineptitude of McGregor, stupidity of Griffin and immaturity of Hunt.

So yeah, I reckon pretty patient from Bud, completely inept mismanagement by the club over a long period, and a poor outcome for fans.
How do you know he was promised? So if he played rubbish he'd still be the No. 7?

Dragon Blood

Juniors

So yeah, I reckon pretty patient from Bud, and a poor outcome for fans.
Yep 100% agree completely inept mismanagement by the club and pathways over a long period.

Sullivan has pretty good upper-body strength and thick quads, however as an observer I can't help but notice that below the knees he isn't as proportioned meaning from the knees down his calves have not developed to support the upper body, and hence why in my opinion he has constant hammy injuries.

If I was his trainer I would have him develop his calve muscles to support the upper body mass, it's simple right?

I understand that genetics may be at play with his body makeup ( I even heard a rumor that Arnold Swartzenalphabet could not grow his calve muscles so he went for implants to win the Mr Universe titles), but still, the club and its pathways team should have picked this up in the early stages and acted upon it for the future.

Favoritism is clearly shown towards a player that could potentially be in jail for a serious crime, this for me comes down to the relationship between Crook and (C)Hunt. It is clear as day that (C)hunt doesn't like playing with Bud and his preference was always Hammer because Hammer is < than Bud.

So Flanno and the club let go of Bud, Hammer goes to prison, and Flanno fails in his attempts to sign big-name players for 2024 under the guise of our genius million-dollar 9 playing 7 and (C)Hunt the selfish @#$@%^ then reneges realizing that he will win a wooden spoon instead of a grand final in the next 2 years and does a runner.

What do we have left? More STGI nepotism with Junior K Flanno that was cut from the Rorters and can't land a starting WWE spot in the 17 at the Bullgrubs.

When S Flanno fails in 24 and halfway through 25 is sacked, our shining light in the armor of the great Saint George saviour Jr D Young "master of defensive structures" will be the next solid contracted coach for a period of 10 years on a not negotiable results driven contact.

WOW we fans have so much to look forward to in the next 20 years when robots play the (game) entertainment. At the moment I prefer to watch the Bot battles on foxtel than the WWE rubbish that once was rugby league

Sorry for the rant, I needed to put it out there for my own sanity

kit66

Bench
If Bud signs with the Tigers as rumoured good on him. Not great that he signs with another basket case club but on the other hand his mentor will be Benji, some massive potential there if he stays fit and they get him a decent halves partner. Sorry to see him go but it's better than staying at Saints who are going nowhere.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What Dragon Blood wrote is a huge possibility. But I really hope it does not happen. Bud will kill it in the Tigers "if he stays fit". They gave him 4 years which is huge. At least they realise his potential. I have always thought the Tigers are better run that Saints. They get hammered by the press but the recent coaches are Maguire, Cleary, Potter and Taylor where as Saints had Price, Mary and Hook. They buy the best hooker in the comp in Api. Have a gun fullback and decent forwards coming through (1 debuted for NSW) with the addition of Papalii, Bateman, Klemmer. They at least get the fans excited with some good recruitment and coaching options which is nothing to what the Saints fans have seen in the last 10 years.

Mojo

Bench
Why oh why do we let our best and brightest go? He's barely been given an opportunity. We know he's a gun player. Work on those hammies if that's the problem; keep developing them until they're like carbon fibre. I reckon Bud is a real talent. Very disappointed to let him go. I hope he absolutely kills it in the future.

saintmar

Juniors
Well said ?? It may suit your negative agenda but there is a shitload of assumptions in that. How about we keep the cap on our poisoned pens to at least when we know who the 30 are for next season.
DP, Dragon Blood is not making assumptions he is expressing his opinion which I actually agree with.
With regards to negative agenda that is your assumption and totally untrue,I simply call it as i see it.
I simply look at what the bottom clubs are currently doing for their roster and I look at what we are doing.
We had a golden opportunity to restructure a large part of our cap but we made bad decisions.
So far we have signed one solid first grader,allowed our most promising junior to negotiate a new deal and kept a player that wanted to leave the club and got us nowhere in six years.
In my opinion when it comes to recruitment for 2024 we are miles behind the bottom clubs of the Tigers and Dogs

saintmar

Juniors
Why oh why do we let our best and brightest go? He's barely been given an opportunity. We know he's a gun player. Work on those hammies if that's the problem; keep developing them until they're like carbon fibre. I reckon Bud is a real talent. Very disappointed to let him go. I hope he absolutely kills it in the future.
Well said Mojo
We need to ask Flano WHY?
He needs to be held accountable if this doesn't work out.
Hunt and Sully had a contract and he could have kept both.
He has opted to talk Hunt into staying but allow Bud to leave.
This is Flano's decision and a HUGE call which will define his stay at the club.