What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs in trouble

ibeme

First Grade
Rexxy said:
There is no way that its OK to suggest a person is a suicide bomber because of the colour of their skin. No context can excuse such racism.

Nate Myles has been at the club for years, as has El Masri. You have no idea what sort of friendship they have, or what they say to each other in jest. Nor do I. What I do know is that it's up to El Masri to decide whether he felt the comment was offensive. If he found it offensive, than fair enough. If not, then perhaps you should allow that.

Do you not believe that El Masri has the right, or the ability to determine for himself whether or not he was offended by the comment? I do. I obviously give him a lot more credit than you do.

Rexxy said:
I must say your readiness to be an unquestioning apologist staggers me beyond belief.

Once again your comprehension skills fall a distant second to what you want to see. How the hell does stating that El Masri should be the one to determine whether the comment directed at him was offensive or not qualify as an unquestioning apologist attitude?

Misty Bee

First Grade
A scene aboard flight QF1986 at Kingsford Smith last week....

Captain Flight control, this is QF1986 ready to take off on runway 4-2, over.

In rushes a flight attendent

Flight attendant Excuse me, captain, but I have to report an incident.

Captain What's happened?

Flight Attendant There are 2 Canterbury players in business class, and one asked the other if he was wearing a bomb.

Captain MAYDAY MAYDAY! THIS IS QF1986 REQUESTING IMMEDIATE MILITARY ASSISTANCE! PASSENGERS IN GRAVE DANGER! REQUEST IMMEDIATE ANTI TERRORISM RESPONSE - OVER!

Flight Attendant Aren't you overreacting a bit? I'm sure it was only a harmless joke.

Captain I'm sure it's only a joke as well.

Flight Attendant So why the mayday call??

Captain They probably brought some Bulldogs fans with them!

redVgirl

Juniors
i think everyone is forgetting that QANTAS staff have to follow procedure, they cant make a personal decision on a case by case basis. its not that they 'cant take a joke'...they reacted in the way they have been trained to do.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
A scene aboard flight QF1986 at Kingsford Smith last week....

Captain Flight control, this is QF1986 ready to take off on runway 4-2, over.

In rushes a flight attendent

Flight attendant Excuse me, captain, but I have to report an incident.

Captain What's happened?

Flight Attendant There are 2 Canterbury players in business class, and one asked the other if he was wearing a bomb.

Captain MAYDAY MAYDAY! THIS IS QF1986 REQUESTING IMMEDIATE MILITARY ASSISTANCE! PASSENGERS IN GRAVE DANGER! REQUEST IMMEDIATE ANTI TERRORISM RESPONSE - OVER!

Flight Attendant Aren't you overreacting a bit? I'm sure it was only a harmless joke.

Captain I'm sure it's only a joke as well.

Flight Attendant So why the mayday call??

Captain They probably brought some Bulldogs fans with them!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats some funny sh*t! I can't help but pay that!!!

hrundi99

First Grade
JK said:
:blahb:

Could you be any more moralistic?

"Bali, Bali, Bali" FFS!

If people go around looking to take offence, as you do with the Dogs, you are bound to find something to take offence to.

You're an imbecile.

He has morals. He should be congratulated. He seems to be the exception to the rule these days...

As has been stated by the more intelligent folks in this thread, it has been well established that these types of comments in these circumstances have consequences.

The "joke" wasn't funny in the slightest.

redVgirl

Juniors
its not ABOUT having a 'sense of humour' for chrissake...why is that so hard to comprehend for some people? the joke might have been hilarious at training or at a team BBQ or something but not on a freaking aeroplane. its about context, not the actual words.

.JOHNSY

Juniors
JK said:
:blahb:

Could you be any more moralistic?

"Bali, Bali, Bali" FFS!

If people go around looking to take offence, as you do with the Dogs, you are bound to find something to take offence to.

I take it you did not know anyone who died or was injured in bali, you are a complete kokhead. Your turn will come when someone very close to you is taken away unessecarily, then see how you would react.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I know of no one who died in a plane due to a bomb in Bali, no. Lockerbie, no, not there either.

Hiroshima, Dresden, Darwin.....maybe.

How the f**k you could claim that it has anything to do with Bali is utterly beyond me!

Stranger

Coach
its not ABOUT having a 'sense of humour' for chrissake...why is that so hard to comprehend for some people? the joke might have been hilarious at training or at a team BBQ or something but not on a freaking aeroplane. its about context, not the actual words.
Thats what made the joke! The fact that they were on a plane!

:lol: quite hilarious too IMO.