What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs won't get kicked out, but will they go broke?

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Loss of sponsers money. Fines. And they are struggling crowd wise. Especially at Telstra where I believe it takes a 30-40,000 to break even. Surely there stretching their funds?

t-ba

Post Whore
:lol: . The Leagues club rolls in it.

The only way the Bulldgos will be in any trouble is if the Leagues club loses its license because of the naughtiness surrounding oasis.

DJ1

Juniors
They also account for 16% of all NRL merchandising.

To put that in perspective,

the 14 other teams equate to 84% or an average of 6% each.

ibeme

First Grade
And we managed to pick up a new sleeve sponsor to replace Bing Lee during this saga.

And the rail network problems would have impacted the weekend's crowd. Your estimate of 30-40k to break even has to be off the mark. They'd rarely expect a crowd of 30k, yet they play half of their home games at Telstra.

The General

Juniors
The Bulldogs management arn't dumb enough to play in a stadium that needs 30-40 k people to break even. Not sure on the exact details, but I'm pretty sure they made a deal with Telstra Stadium management to use the stadium at a reduced cost because it would have gone unused anyway.

And the crowd yesterday was severely affected by the CityRail disaster. Anybody who did not have access to a car couldn't get to the game.

t-ba

Post Whore
DJ1 said:

Does the Leagues club sell Merchandise independantly? From what I understand, Most of Manly's merchandise goes through the Leagues club and other sources that don't get put into the communal merchandising cash pot, but go straight to the club.

Foz

Bench
The only hope the Dogs would have of going broke would be gross mismanagement or a massive law suit against them.
Hang on!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canterbury

Juniors
Foz said:
The only hope the Dogs would have of going broke would be gross mismanagement or a massive law suit against them.

You'll be hanging on for a while ;)

ibeme

First Grade
Foz said:

It'll be interesting to see if chook raffles are enough to save the Sharks should Chris Anderson win his wrongful dismissal case.

Dogaholic

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
DJ1 said:

Does the Leagues club sell Merchandise independantly? From what I understand, Most of Manly's merchandise goes through the Leagues club and other sources that don't get put into the communal merchandising cash pot, but go straight to the club.

There is a Bulldogs team store at the leagues club and at Centro Bankstown.

JK

I thought there was a formula on the merchandise with 50% going to the club and 50% going in a kitty for all clubs. That is the percentage, not the whole of course.

Correct me if I am wrong.

JK

And the Dogs don't lose money on the Telstra deal!

30-40,000 to break even :lol: :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
JK said:
I thought there was a formula on the merchandise with 50% going to the club and 50% going in a kitty for all clubs. That is the percentage, not the whole of course.

I'm not sure of the Formula, but I am certain that merchandise can be sold independantly of the NRL and the club can take all of the profit. The money that the NRL divvies up is from where the NRL has set up a collective agreement to sell merchandise, i.e-Rebel Sport Outlets and Peter Wynns.

ouwet

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
JK said:

I'm not sure of the Formula, but I am certain that merchandise can be sold independantly of the NRL and the club can take all of the profit. The money that the NRL divvies up is from where the NRL has set up a collective agreement to sell merchandise, i.e-Rebel Sport Outlets and Peter Wynns.

If that were the case the Bulldogs would make a fortune from the Bankstown and Canterbury Leagues club stores!!! Most of the sales of merchandise would by from those stores... I know I buy all my merchandising needs from the Bankstown Store (OOOH the girls that work there are hot there :D)

DJ1

Juniors
The majority of merchandise fees are distributed to clubs in a variable percentage of sales. For clubs that also sell their own merchandise, they retain the retail profit margin.

Kingytek

Juniors
Mark Rudd said:
Loss of sponsers money. Fines. And they are struggling crowd wise. Especially at Telstra where I believe it takes a 30-40,000 to break even. Surely there stretching their funds?

HAHAHAHA Not likely

Dogaholic

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:
t-ba the hutt said:
JK said:

If that were the case the Bulldogs would make a fortune from the Bankstown and Canterbury Leagues club stores!!! Most of the sales of merchandise would by from those stores... I know I buy all my merchandising needs from the Bankstown Store (OOOH the girls that work there are hot there :D)

Yeah, that dark haired one is the most hottest/angelic creature i have ever seen!

Latest posts