What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caitlin Moran

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My mum died when I was 16, sad, but I did not tell anyone, when my mates found out a few months later they were cranky at me for not telling them.

The original RUOK fellas, upon relfection. I was Ok death is part of life.

I reckon Elizabeth was a great person, but people can disagree.

_Johnsy

Referee
She is entitled to be anti Monarchy. But I found the actual comments made disgraceful.
Disgraceful?

James Franco Omg GIF

Brett Finch, guilty of sharing child abuse images, disgraceful - check.
Michael Gordon guilty of trafficking MDMA & cocain, disgraceful - check.
Manase Fainu guilty of stabbing an unarmed man at a church car park fight, disgraceful - check.
Craig Field guilty of killing a bloke in a pub car park fight, disgraceful - check.
Jarryd Hayne guilty of sexually assaulting a young woman, disgraceful - check.

Poor taste 100%, but disgraceful is a bit over the top IMO.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Any junior forwards in the Illawarra pipeline? sure in such a large Rugby League area there must be a couple of gopod front row forwards

RedVee_8

Juniors
Disgraceful?

James Franco Omg GIF

Brett Finch, guilty of sharing child abuse images, disgraceful - check.
Michael Gordon guilty of trafficking MDMA & cocain, disgraceful - check.
Manase Fainu guilty of stabbing an unarmed man at a church car park fight, disgraceful - check.
Craig Field guilty of killing a bloke in a pub car park fight, disgraceful - check.
Jarryd Hayne guilty of sexually assaulting a young woman, disgraceful - check.

Poor taste 100%, but disgraceful is a bit over the top IMO.
No, they are worse than disgraceful.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
When it comes to "hate speech", there seem to be massive double standards across the codes- Israel Folau loses his contract with the ARU and effectively his livelihood in any code in Australia as everybody is afraid of the backlash if they touch him, Ms Moran receives a one match suspension and a suspended fine.
I'm actually a Republican at heart but the Queen presided over 70 years of intensive DECOLONISATION of the British empire- particularly in Africa and Asia. Ms Moran's comments were not only insensitive and disgusting but ignorant in the extreme.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
She said dumb dog. Big deal. There are some comments in this thread that are far more offensive.

And it wasn't about someone's grandmother. Any anti-royal commentary is about the monarchy, the crown, and what it represents.

To think, there were people getting arrested in the UK for saying stuff about the royals or holding a piece of cardboard. It had clearly got out of hand, and to a lesser degree, that was exported to Australia

Caitlin wasn't punching down, her dumb dog comment wasn't posing a threat to anyone.

Deadset, people can sometimes overreact to the smallest of things.