What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cameron smiths swinging arm

_Johnsy

Referee
for once the blues have a chance of beating us fair and square even with Smith in the side.

So every other time NSW have been victorious it hasn't been fair and square?

To think, some people have the hide to call QLD'ers paranoid, delusional, or unable to lose without a modicum of grace. :roll:

Canard

Immortal
To think, some people have the hide to call QLD'ers paranoid, delusional, or unable to lose without a modicum of grace. :roll:

Yep, I reckon the example to be followed is the way NSW carried themselves after Game 1 this year.

Something all QLDers could strive for.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yep, I reckon the example to be followed is the way NSW carried themselves after Game 1 this year.

I think there probably deserves to have been some sort of outcry after one of the worst decisions in SOO history. Qld's still moaning about 2000!

Canard

Immortal
So there are deserved and un-deserved whinges?

And NSW are the arbiter of which is which? I understand now.

_Johnsy

Referee

The way the entire state carried on, wow you must have been busy travelling far and wide getting a good cross section of their reaction.

Or is it possible you have taken the QLD media perception of how the loss was taken. I cannot remember Ricky having a whinge (as Mal puts it NSW are all whingers) after game 1. Sections of the media put some decisions under the microscope, and rightly so.

I think the possible impending loss is starting to effect Mal "The game has done nothing for me" Meninga.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The way the entire state carried on, wow you must have been busy travelling far and wide getting a good cross section of their reaction.

Or is it possible you have taken the QLD media perception of how the loss was taken. I cannot remember Ricky having a whinge (as Mal puts it NSW are all whingers) after game 1. Sections of the media put some decisions under the microscope, and rightly so.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tle-on-maroons-dirty-play-20120525-1za5w.html

It may not be Stick directly, but it's an official whinge from NSWRL that Stick then took to Harrigan. There are some real pearlers in there too.

Kinda hard to blame "QLD media perception" when the whinge is coming from the team officials.

_Johnsy

Referee
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tle-on-maroons-dirty-play-20120525-1za5w.html

It may not be Stick directly, but it's an official whinge from NSWRL that Stick then took to Harrigan. There are some real pearlers in there too.

Kinda hard to blame "QLD media perception" when the whinge is coming from the team officials.

They hired an independent analyst to see if their concerns relating to the officiating were in fact warranted. Those concerns were relayed to the refs boss. I am sure Mal meets with the refs before origin games, nothing new here. Does that mean Mal is having a whinge as well when he raises concerns with the refs?

There are only 2 quotes from a NSWRL official was from Geoff CARR (General manager) "Sometimes if you are in a really raw moment and you are very emotional you may be better of saying nothing, and I made a point of telling Ricky that before and after the press conference,'' Carr said. ''He then made the decision to advise the players that way."

Ricky's text "G'day Fellas it's Ricky. Thank you for your efforts in preparation and performance over the last 10 days. Play like Origin players for your clubs this weekend and I hope you all come through healthy. In regards to media, I believe it is important for you to be available if you are comfortable doing so. Your relationship with our media has been a massive help so please feel free to commit. I know we were all disappointed having so many controversial decisions go against us on Wednesday night. I thought it was important for you not to say anything you may have regretted today. Good luck boys and again thanks for your efforts.''

Not a whinge in there at all, if nothing Ricky handled it like a champion. So exactly where is this whinge that QLD'ers actually believed happened ? :roll::roll:

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
They hired an independent analyst
I'll stop you right there. Hiring an independent analyst? No one has done that before, and some of the loony sooks he came up with are classic - Uate being elbowed by Cam Smith? :lol:
I am sure Mal meets with the refs before origin games
This series? No.
Not a whinge in there at all, if nothing Ricky handled it like a champion. So exactly where is this whinge that QLD'ers actually believed happened ? :roll::roll:

In the very fact that they felt they had to hire an independent analyst.

Oh yeah, and Stick bleating about Harrigan telling him the Inglis try shouldn't have been awarded.....

Oh yeah, and Gallen throughout the match....

And game 2.....

Mr Fourex

Bench
548028_443373219017346_149217550_n.jpg

Snappy

Coach
I am sure Mal meets with the refs before origin games, nothing new here. Does that mean Mal is having a whinge as well when he raises concerns with the refs?

Wrong.

Ricky and the NSW officials met with the referees before this game (game 3)

Mal did not.

_Johnsy

Referee
This series? No.

Wrong.

Ricky and the NSW officials met with the referees before this game (game 3)

Mal did not.

A blatant lie or ignorance ?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...wales-origin-win/story-fn31yxah-1226395469352

Meninga refused to blame the match officials for the loss but added he would review the tape and seek a meeting with referees' bosses Bill Harrigan and Stuart Raper before the decider.

"I will review it with the coaching staff and have a look at some of the decisions that were made during the night and hopefully get a fair hearing with Mr Harrigan and Mr Raper at some stage down the track."

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
So did the meeting take place or not?

If so, when did it happen?

Looking at the article I read, he was seeking a meeting.

Not sure if it took place, but saying he has never met the refs boss during his 6 year reign is a long stretch. All someone can do is take a independent article as accurate.

Latest posts